Thursday, February 5, 2009

Freezer Meal Swap/Presents from Venitha

So, yesterday morning I loaded all my frozen enchiladas into the cooler and headed off for the meal swap. I then remembered that I need to get some small bills in case I owed others money, so we had to stop at the bank, making us fashionably late, but the girls had fun playing in the back while we waited in line.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
I was pleasantly surprised with how well the swap went...and I got $8 back (which means we each spent $43 for the 8 meals we got, not too bad...I think the other group's average was a little higher)! In my freezer I now have: Teriyaki Chicken, Lemon Herbed Fish, South of the Border Turkey Burgers, Pot Roast, Chicken Nuggests, Beef with Broccoli & Onions, and Cranberry Turkey meatloaf (and we already ate our enchiladas). Now we'll just see how it all tastes! We discussed using our own recipes next time around, so I'll keep you posted and plan to post the recipes (and a taste review) for these ones on my menu blog.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We made it to storytime at the library afterwards and Miss Venitha is back from India! We missed her during her month away (and we are missing our other buddy Miss Janet at the gym too...I haven't been in 3 weeks and almost went today but there is a stomach flu going around I was nervous Addie might catch there...good excuse, right?!)! She brought the girls these "bangles" all the way from India and they are in LOVE with them! They are pretty and shiny and make a jingly noise too...everything they love!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Katie B said...

Ella sure looks like she feels special for having all those pretty bracelets dangling on her wrist! That freezer exchange sounds like a great idea- lots of variety and you only work for it once. Almost as good as going out to eat 8 times (but for so much cheaper!)

Pineapple Hill said...

Wow. The Freezer Meal Swap thing is really neat. That's a great deal. I'm glad your posting about it on your menu blog. I'll be curious how everything tastes! I just love how those cuties are such good friends and they sure love their bling!

Diane said...

Venitha sounds like such a sweet person. The girls look cute as always, I love Ella's shoes! and you already know I love Addie's 'cause I have a pair of them. Addie is getting so good at smiling for the pictures!