Sunday, February 8, 2009

Haircut Time

I guess it is bound to happen at some point in every child's life...they cut their own hair. Ella did it last week, but it was just a little piece and she cut it pretty low, so really it is hard to notice.
Photobucket
We were playing in her room one day when I noticed the shorter little blunt section of hair and asked, "Ella, did you cut your hair?"
It got really quiet, "Yes."
"Where is the hair you cut?"
"I didn't want you to find it so I hid it in Addie's room."
She went and retrieved the piece and I told her she was lucky she didn't cut more or she may have to have really short hair like a boy (she aspires to have long, long hair). I also told her if she did it again that she wouldn't be allowed to play with her scissors (she thinks cutting paper is just about the coolest activity there is...hence, the joy she finds in cutting out coupons with me). I really don't think she'll do it again and I actually love the thought of her sitting there holding her hair and debating about whether or not she should cut it. I know she knew she shouldn't, but the temptation was too great, even for Ella.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Well, anyway, I've been meaning to trim Ella's hair for awhile now and just haven't gotten around to it. Yesterday we had a nice lazy Saturday and I finally did it. I only took off about 1 1/2 inches, so it isn't super noticeable, but I think it looks nice and thick and healthy (and Ella was relieved it still looks "long"). The before pictures are above. I like to cut hair outside (no clean-up involved) but it was too windy, so we had to move it inside.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Diane said...

I am so glad she didn't cut it shorter! It does seem like every child has to go through that and they usually cut it front and center, right down to the scalp. I hope she has it out of her system now :) She is so beautiful, she would probably look good bald :)

Melissa said...

I love that she put the hair in Addie's room so you wouldn't find it and get mad at her :) It looks great!

Kayley said...

I had to laugh when I read that she hid her hair from you in Addie's room. That seems so unlike her! He hair does look really good!

The Chrissy Herself said...

just out of curiosity, when you cut it outside you just let the wind blow the left-over hair away? makes sense... just never thought of doing that...

Marci said...

Yeah...it's great :-). I always cut Mike's hair outside when it's warm enough!

Emily said...

Man, I miss a few days checking your blog and I get SO far behind! It is always fun to catch up though and Ella would look adorable even if she had NO hair. I also love your princess fairy at work post. What a cutie!

Pineapple Hill said...

Her hair looks so healthy and thick. What a cutie patootie.