Friday, February 6, 2009

Our Second Annual Birthday Bash

Last year we had so much fun celebrating the birthdays of all our little buddies born within a month of Addie, that we decided to do it again this year. What a difference a year makes!
Photobucket
Jace, Addie, William and Ashley turning 1 last year
Photobucket
William, Tayson (added to the mix this year), Ashley, Jace and Addie

All the kiddos played while the moms talked (and ate) :-). Here are pictures from the fun afternoon...it was quite a houseful!
The new 2-year-olds: Ashley and Addie, and William, Jace (who HATES having his picture taken at our house) and Tayson.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The original down-towners..Stephanie (Ashley's mom), Allie (Jace's mom), Mckell and me.

Photobucket

Stephanie is due in July...so these next babies won't be quite as close in age as Ashley and Addie, but it's always fun to have a friend who is pregnant (and sometimes miserable) along with you :-)!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Although Ella and Johnny often get a little crazy when they play together, they sure have fun!...Did someone say berries?! The girls came running!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Kids...EVERYWHERE!!! (and they aren't all captured in these pictures)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Leighanna (William's mom), Shannon and Lindsay (Tayson's mom).

Photobucket

Lunchtime! Stephanie and Mckell treated us to Mckell's jambalaya...it was a delicious treat!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ashley and Jace decided to go it alone in the house with all the moms and 4 babies (which I failed to get any pics of)
And finally...on to the cupcakes!!!
The birthday kiddos (Jace once again HATED me for taking pictures!)...
Photobucket

Photobucket

And the whole crew...

Photobucket

Ella didn't come right out and say it to me, but I could tell she was a little envious of Addie's tutu skirt (and her parties) so we let her wear one from our dress-up box. She took off her shoes to play, but she picked out her white church shoes to go with this lovely ensemble...it was quite the outfit :-)...but she felt beautiful in it!

Photobucket

It took the kids quite awhile to venture away from the fence after the pictures. Addie started to leave, then noticed most of the group was still standing there and went and resumed her position.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

More pictures of the moms...it was pretty windy out there today. Shannon, Jennifer (or me depending on the picture :-), Leighanna, Stephanie and Emily.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Katelynn and Ella

Photobucket

I told you this spinning thing was a great dollar spent! Here are Brooklynn and Addie enjoying it :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Yes, I actually took my children out looking like this! But we were only going to Arby's and I'm sure the fine employees there have seen worse, right? I had the girls take off their skirts so they wouldn't get dirty when they ate and this is what was left. Notice the white church shoes I mentioned Ella had picked out before and Addie's red shoes...we may be hiding these soon too...so far they are her second pick now that the glitter shoes are gone.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Katie B said...

wow, that's quite the busy party! I for one don't thing there's anything wrong with that last outfit, but maybe I'm aiming too low.

Steve said...

What a beautiful group of children.
Wow it took me awhile to find Addie among the kids against the fence, but I think she is in the pink outfit, right? I better go look again just to be sure.

Melissa said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! What is it with the white church shoes? I have hidden Emily's MANY MANY times and they always seem to reappear and are her favorites to wear all over!

Leighanna, Reid and William said...

So... I am definately not a fan of the pics of me with my hair blowing all in my face!!! LOL! But, I love the kids with their cupcakes! We had fun! :o)

Pineapple Hill said...

What a blast!