Friday, February 6, 2009

Reached Retirement

It's official...I'm packing away Adeline's beloved gold sparklers. I was going to throw them away (they are obviously in no shape to be passed on to any other child) but then decided I should save them for her. She loves those shoes with all her little heart :-). I am hopeful that with their retirement however she will broaden her shoe horizons!
A little history on the shoes...
I bought them when Addie was maybe 6 months old at Gymboree's red balloon sale. They were of course HUGE for her then, but they were really cheap and I figured, how can you go wrong with glitter shoes for a little girl?! Addie found them in her closet when she was a little over a year old and has always loved them. She would wear them around the house, but it wasn't until this fall that she could actually wear them out and about without endangering herself :-). And we all know the story from there...she wore those shoes nearly every day unless I FORCED her to wear others (and she would be in tears).
I'll secretly miss her responding with a resounding "NO!" when I ask her if she wants to wear a different pair and then running to her closet saying "Sparkle Shoes! Sparkle Shoes!" and running back with these babies...
Photobucket

Photobucket

My most favorite feature is her little toe-prints imprinted into the soles of the shoes :-).
Photobucket

9 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute post! Nothing like getting your moneys worth.

heather said...

Too cute. I hope I can find a pair of magical shoes that will bring so much joy into my little girl's life.

The Chrissy Herself said...

those little shoes. so, so cute.

Kayley said...

her little toe marks are really cute-this is kind of sad!

Jaimee said...

Awww, how bitter sweet! I'd save them too :)

Christina Bambina said...

keep them PLEEEAASEE! Her toe prints are totaly cute!

Katie B said...

you know, I've heard of people sending off their kids' shoes to get them gilded so they become something like a keepsake statue thing. No need for these, already perfectly gold!

Sara Jean said...

So cute! I love that you can see her little toes prints in them. That's so neat that you saved them. I'm sure she'll appreciate it down the road.

Pineapple Hill said...

The most loved shoes ever!