Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sister, Sister

Photobucket

At this point I really, honestly feel like have 2 is easier than having 1. Ella and Addie have really become little buddies and I love to watch them together. There are, of course, moments where Mike or I have to step in and help them share, but most of the time they play really well together and can entertain themselves for hours. I was scared to have 2 children when I was pregnant with Addie, mainly because I was afraid I would be cheating them both of my time and attention. This time around however, I am feeling pretty good about adding another baby to the mix. Yes, I'm scared of having a newborn again (especially a boy!) and not getting sleep, but as far as having 3 instead of 2 I really feel like it is going to be easy. Well, maybe I shouldn't say easy, but I just picture the girls playing together while I take care of the baby. Maybe I'm in for a rude awakening (many moms have told me having their 3rd was the hardest adjustment), but for now I'll just be happy and content in my ignorance...and enjoy watching our girls be best buddies.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
I just had to put this picture of Ella from this morning too, although it doesn't really fit with this post. She is such a good big sister and so excited for baby Preston. She loves to talk to me about him and how little he will be and how she can help me take care of him (she really wants to feed him...she said that's her favorite :-).
Photobucket

9 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

You know... I believe ignorance is bliss and I love bliss! It is so cute that those two sisters are such sweet friends. What a beautiful blessing that is. Preston is one lucky guy!

Pineapple Hill said...

P.S. Did you go to Dennys?????

The Chrissy Herself said...

Yea, did you guys make it to Dennys? We didnt. after some thought, we realized we weren't as excited about it as we thought.

These girls really to play well together, you can tell Ella loves helping and that Addie loves receiving the attention from her!

Sarah S said...

I'm hoping Eli and Charlie will be good friends since they are so close in age... your girls give me hope! And I'm sorry for my dismal posts about being overtired/sleep deprived. Newborns really are sweet :)

Annemarie said...

They (and you) will be just fine when your baby comes along. It will definitely be helpful that they play so well together!

Brittany said...

Yeah it seems like 3 would be a lot harder, but it look like your girls will be helpful and at least entertain themselves. Ella sounds like a very excited big sis!

Stephanie said...

See, posts like this are what make me so happy to have two little girls soon.

Christina Bambina said...

I love your blog.... it just makes me happy to see those smiling faces...

Jamie said...

I am so glad you left me a comment so I could remember to look at your blog -- since I don't have all my feeds off my computer I am a little lost in the blogoshpere. I loved this post and definately have to agree. For me having the first child was hard and all the rest seemed easier. The second had someone to watch (who was silly all the time, unlike me who had to cook and clean). The third was doted on by the first two but only when they stopped playing and the fourth often seemed like an only child that I got to hold so much because the other 3 were so busy with eachother. Also, you really do get better at being a mom. You are more confident and have a better sense for what to do and when! Good Luck!
jamie