Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine Party Prep

Tomorrow is Ella's Valentine party at preschool and I signed up to bring the treat this time (I'm wondering if maybe I can sign up in advance for drinks at the next party?!). We had some left over frosting from all of Addie's birthday cupcakes, and we never made our sugar cookies at Christmas, so I decided to go for it today. Time had erased my memory of what an ordeal they are...despite the less intense decorating of hearts as opposed to various Christmas shapes...I'll just say I'm glad it's done and my kitchen is clean again!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We also has to get our Valentine's prepared to exchange in class (luckily there are only 7 other little kids so this wasn't too bad). The teacher encouraged them to write the names of their classmates on the Valentine's to practice their letters and Ella was so proud of each name she finished!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Addie found other ways to entertain herself...like looking through the sprinkles and running up to me saying, "Look, Mom!" and laughing...until she realized what I wasn't letting her eat yet...then her mood took a drastic turn.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Luckily for all of us Meema called and the girls were both in very talkative moods.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Any guesses which one Ella decorated? :-) I'll be posting the recipe on my other blog soon.

Photobucket

And some randoms from yesterday...Addie walking with Great-Frog when I went to pick her up after my appointment. Thanks Grammy for playing with her!

Photobucket

Addie trying to climb the wall...and then Ella nearly decapitating her when she tried to help.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

And lastly, Addie getting Ella back for all the smothering hugs she has received throughout her life :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

lolomae said...

Ella lools so cute writing the names. We received your adorable valentine. Thank you, Ella and Addie. Love GG Freeman

Christina Bambina said...

I love reading your blog, it just makes my day start better!
Ps:your grandpa just looks the same as ever!!!

Pineapple Hill said...

Ella is so precious when she is concentrating. Actually she's always precious. I love that apron Meema made her! Addie is too yummy in that picture with Frog. Those little legs are the cutest cupey doll legs ever! She's yumminess to a new level.

Jaimee said...

Your cookies look D-lish!

Emily said...

Mmmm . . . you just made me hungry! Does this mean Mike was home or did Addie take the picture of the two of you together? It is so rare and fun to see a Marci picture! I love, love the pictures of Addie trying to climb the wall!