Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Picture Round Up

First, I HAVE A WASHER AGAIN!!!! I can't wait to get rid of these piles of laundry today :-)!
Here are the pictures I never got around to posting from last week...
These are stolen from Mckell when she watched the girlies for us (they had a BLAST!):
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My friend Sheree was in town for the weekend from Dallas and we had a little baby shower/brunch to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby Elsie (she and I are due less than a week apart!). I wish you lived here still Sheree!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And the sleeping situation with Ella and Addie...Addie has still been taking naps in her big girl bed for the most part since moving in with Ella, although she gets out and plays first most of the time which she didn't do before (Ella isn't in the room during naps which helps). The main issue comes at night. When Addie was in her room she stayed in her "big girl" bed and went to sleep, but now she thinks it's party time...because really it kind of is when Ella is in there with her! One night I put Addie down first and waited a little while to take Ella in, which worked well, but I don't want that to be our regular schedule (not to mention that Ella is usually completely ready for bed by 7:15pm when we are typically tucking them in). One night I could hear some scrambling around in the room and went in to find Ella sound asleep in her bed and Addie zipping all over. The next night when I went in to remind her it was time to go to sleep I found she had turned on the light by the bed and was trying on Ella's shoes, "church shoes" specifically she told me.
Photobucket
It didn't help that I worked more than usual last week while Mike was home so I wasn't there at bedtime every night while we figure this out. Our new plan though is to tuck them in and give them 10-15 minutes to read in bed (which is really what Addie wants and used to do in her own room) before we go in again and turn off the lights completely. So far it seems to be helping. They also have been getting up earlier, but right now it is 7:24am and they are both still asleep (it's 7:30am) so hopefully we have moved past that as well :-)!

3 comments:

michele cabiness said...

I don't know of any other Elsie's (at least not young ones) how fun!

Annemarie said...

You are too cute!

Addie is so, so funny. She's got big plans at bed time. I love the pic of her trying on shoes...caught in the act!

KelleyAnne said...

I hope the new plan works. Aren't you glad you're doing all this now BEFORE Preston' arrives!