Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break?

This week is Mike's Spring Break and we have been keeping busy crossing things off our to-do list while we have the extra time. So, although it hasn't been much of a break at all, and probably won't be, it feels good at the end of the day to know we have less to do tomorrow.
Yesterday I called in the reinforcements (my mom, grandma, and Hope) to help me arrange the girls' room. It is looking really cute and they seem to be pretty well with sharing so far (although they were up for quite awhile last night before finally falling asleep). Today I organized the closets and dressers and tomorrow we're painting...it will be sad to say goodbye to Addie's pink room, but I'm excited to really get Preston's room set up and ready for his arrival.
My washing machine is still broken. I called Conn's yesterday and they are coming next Monday, the 23rd, to fix it (yes, that is nearly 1 month since my original call!!!). I was a little irritated to say the least and asked (very politely) to speak to a supervisor. She was supposed to call yesterday and we never heard from her. I thought about calling again today but just didn't feel like dealing with it. Someday I'll be able to do laundry again and I'll be SO excited that maybe it will even be fun!
Anyway, amidst the chaos I managed to get a few pictures of the girls playing outside this evening.
Practicing their soccer moves...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Copying each other (and being weirdos) while I finished up dinner...
Photobucket
And wearing Mike's yard work shoes because there was nothing more exciting to do...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ahhh, time to relax, watch some TV and eat some snacks :-)!

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

Please post pics of the girls room!!

Emily said...

I wish you had brought the girls over to play today! Then you could have gotten a small "break" with Mike. One of these days I'm going to coerce you into letting me watch the girls so you can have a couple "lazy" hours before the baby comes!

Marci said...

Don't worry! I'll post pictures of the rooms once we're all done!

Katie B said...

You've got such fun girls, you're so blessed!