Wednesday, April 8, 2009

No Cavities!!!

Today was Ella's first dentist appointment! Yes, she is 4 1/2 and it was long overdue, but at least we made it there today :-)! She was VERY nervous about the whole experience. The first time I brought up that we needed to go soon she started crying...the unknown is always scary. We talked about what they would do and the types of tools they would use and found some books about some of her favorite characters going to the dentist and that seemed to help her feel better about it all.
Photobucket
So, this morning she got dressed all cute, in an outfit she picked out too, and we had another little pep-talk. She was a little timid in the office, but the hygienist was really sweet with her and I told her this was Ella's first trip to the dentist so she showed her what each tool did before putting them in her mouth.
I was so proud of Ella! She was very brave and did a great job, although she didn't want to look at me for a picture in the dentist chair. The dentist was really funny and got her to laugh and NO CAVITIES!!! Hooray! That will definitely help in getting her to go back :-). She thought her toothbrush and stickers were pretty cool too though!
Photobucket
We celebrated with lunch at Chick-Fil-A...Ella ALWAYS wants to go there and we never do, so she was thrilled.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Katie B said...

oh man, I used to LOVE going to the dentist. Mostly because I always got to pick a little prize from the office "treasure chest." And my dentist was really funny and I didn't have cavities. I bet Ella will be much more excited for the dentist next time!

KelleyAnne said...

Today was a BIG Day! Yay for Miss Ella. Great way to celebrate too:)

Stephanie said...

Congrats Ella, good job Mom with all the teeth brushing. Addie seems to be pretty thrilled about Chick Fil A as well.

Marci said...

:-) I know...I almost wrote something about her face...the flash made her eyes start closing, but I promise she had fun too!