Saturday, April 18, 2009

Preston's Safari Baby Shower

Here is the complete post about the baby shower. It was SO beautiful and SO much fun, there was SO much good food (you can view recipes here) and SO many people came to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Preston. Thank you to everyone who came and gave us such sweet gifts, thank you to everyone who brought tasty food to share and an especially HUGE thanks to Mckell, my mom, and my grandma!!! I love you guys!
The evite:
Photobucket
(these first ones are repeats, but I want all the pics in one post together)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I really LOVE this giraffe! (thanks mom!)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I showed up to find that my mom, grandma and I all wore pink for the shower, which would have been perfect, if I was having a girl :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I put Hope in charge of camera while I opened presents (which I must say was quite overwhelming in front of so many people...I am not a great "present opener"...Next time (if there is a next time) I'm bringing Ella to help me for sure! I left everything at my parent's that night because I was tired and went back and picked it up later. When we got home I let Addie and Ella re-open all the presents again and EVERY time she opened something Ella was SO excited and would say, "OOOOHHH!!! It's SO cute!" etc.) Anyway, Hopie got quite artistic with her pictures :-). Thanks Hope for manning the camera!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I do wish I had more pictures of everyone that was there. Thank you all again for coming...and I'll be working on getting those thank yous out soon!
(GREAT THANK YOU CARD TIP: I don't know whose idea this was originally, but we have done it at many showers here...the hostess brings thank you cards and passes the envelopes around the party with a pens. Each guest addresses an envelope to themselves while there. Now I have a stack of thank you cards with the envelopes all ready to go so I just have to write the note, stick it in and mail it...saving me from having to look up everyone's addresses and go out and find some thank you cards! GENIUS!)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
We received cute boy outfits, boy blankets, bibs and burp cloths, jungle decorations, new little infant toys that don't have pink butterflies on them :-), and some great new books (all of which were ones we don't yet own!). I have so many talented friends though and wanted to show off some of the fabulous homemade gifts, just in case you may want to get your own :-)...
A beautiful knitted blankie from Grammy (made in just the right size for Preston to carry around with him wherever he goes) and a pacifier clip from Jamie...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Some of the cute stuff from Nana's sewing room (Mike and I especially loved the guitar fabric!)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Mckell got me some things from our friend Amber's Zanie Zoo and of course there is the cake Melissa made.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And I have to include these baby legs from Cathy and the quilt from Susan, one of my favorite women.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And a perfect way to end the fesitivities, some gifts to make you laugh :-)!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And the Millers (Kayley's in-laws) brought this "Man's Diaper Cake" with their gift...it comes complete with safety goggles, rubber gloves, clothes pins for your nose, air freshener and hand sanitizer :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ok Preston, you can come anytime now!!! PLEASE!!! :-)

6 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe all the stuff you got for that lil' boy! How fun! And the decorations were absolutely perfect :)

Kayley said...

Marci you got the cutest stuff ever!!! The "boob man" hat is pretty funny. I can't wait for him to get here- and to see his room... I bet it is SO cute!

KelleyAnne said...

I can't wait!

Lindsey said...

Wow, that looks like it was an amazing shower...how fun!!

Chalonn said...

Wow...I got some really great ideas from this shower! I've got some work to do next time I throw one :-) Can't wait to hear of the arrival!!!

Christina Bambina said...

I forgot to comment on this one! WHAT A GREAT BABY SHOWER!!!!
The decor was FABULOUS!!!! Makes me wanna have a baby just for the shower!! ;)))