Friday, April 3, 2009

Time to Rewind...Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday Ella was off to school and Addie and I were off to my doctor. Only 6 weeks to go! Papa was in town for work again and came bearing gifts for Preston. A beautiful blanket and pillow for his jungle room made by Meema. I especially love the "P" pillow :-) and I know he will love the different textures of the fabrics around the edge of the blanket!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
That night was Ella's kindergarten orientation...I still can't believe it! Grammy came to watch Addie so Mike and I could just take Ella and make it a special night for her. Apparently I got the time wrong however so when we showed up to the school promptly at 6pm, they were still setting up chairs in the gym :-). A quick change of plans and we went to grab our special treat before the meeting instead of after. Ella didn't mind that we had to eat our ice cream a little fast to get back to the school on time :-).
Photobucket
(I've really got to work with Mike on his blinking with the flash...the flash picture was much better of me and Ella!)
Photobucket
Yum! I got my usual Coldstone treat, Cheesecake ice cream with Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, and Ella picked a kid classic, Cotton Candy with M&M's :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The meeting was quite informative and Ella and Mike got to take a little tour of the school and kindergarten rooms while I stayed behind to listen. I was sad I missed the tour though. Mike said Ella was REALLY excited and stayed right by the teacher giving the tour so she could see it all :-). It is quite popular here in Texas to have children with late birthdays like Ella's wait another year before starting school, but she is SO ready for it. I think she would be completely bored with another year of preschool and being at the school, although a little sad for me in some ways, definitely reinforced that we are making the right decision for her. She is going to be a Fielder Falcon (and the school was recently named one of the top 100 in the state!). The school is also one of 2 elementary schools in the district that has been participating in a 2-way immersion program. The principal isn't sure they will receive the funding to start a new group of students again this coming year, but if they do we will definitely consider enrolling Ella. The students begin the program in Kindergarten and stay in it throughout elementary school in 5th grade, being taught both English and Spanish. So, we'll see. Yesterday we went back to the school and Ella is now officially registered for Kindergarten in the fall!

Wednesday was my 3rd freezer swap, and the last one I'm going to participate in until after I have Preston and have things under control again :-). It was definitely our smoothest swap and our average price was back down to $45 (and the meals look/sound really good this time). Brooklynn came over to play and we took a trip to the library because I had heard we were going to make kites again (Ella LOVED it last year). I haven't gotten any cute pictures of the girls trying to the fly them yet, but here are the 3 girls...they were so cute together :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm nearly caught up now :-)...time to get ready for today!

6 comments:

Annemarie said...

We have a wonderful elementary school, but I so wish they would do the 2-way immersion program. I have heard such amazing things from friends that have kids doing it.

Ella will be the cutest kindergartner!!

YAY on only six more weeks!!!

KelleyAnne said...

I can't BELIEVE Ella is going to be in kindergarten! Meemas blanket is adorable. I LOVE that pillow too. So cute!

Diane said...

Maybe Ella is ready, but I'm not. Where did the time go? She will love it! and I hear that kindergarteners attend a FULL day there, wow, I am so glad you prepared her with pre-school!

Brittany said...

I am excited for Ella. I'm sure you guys are happy about the 2 way immersion, especially Mike that he'll have a little Spanish speaker he can chat with :)

Kim said...

You look fabulous Marci - I'm getting so excited for you as I watch your countdown on the side of your blog! Having a baby boy is fantastic! I can't wait to read about your adventures with 3 kids!!!

Kim said...

Oh, and I would LOVE to have my kids go to a school where they do immersion like that!