Monday, April 27, 2009

Twenty-Eight

I tried to convince Preston that the absolute best birthday gift ever would be for him to come on my special day, but already he is paying no attention to anything I say. Figures :-)! Everything was pretty low key this year. All my family was in Utah for Kayley and Scott's graduation from BYU so we'll celebrate my birthday and Hope's (hers is the 29th) next Sunday with my mom's enchiladas. Our little family went out this weekend to a Mexican restaurant Mike and I tried for Valentine's day and really liked and then we just relaxed...which is all I wanted to do. I did attempt to talk Mike into watching Twilight with me, since it was my birthday afterall, but I wasn't sure I really wanted to watch it again either so I didn't push it too hard :-). Yesterday Mike and the girls made some yummy brownies and ice cream and I got to open my presents. Mike let Ella and Addie pick out anything they wanted for me and I ended up with some beautiful fake "roses" (according to Ella) and these lovely hand painted boxes. They are gorgeous! As for my real present, I just want to go shopping for normal clothes once I'm not pregnant any more so that will have to wait! Mike has been really sick, but he still did everything I asked and kept the kitchen clean, etc...what a man! Thank you all for your birthday wishes! It's always nice to know people remember although it also makes me feel guilty that I don't do a better job remember others' birthdays...I used to be so good about it. So if I forgot your birthday, happy birthday late and I'm sorry!!!
And if you want to see some pictures of me when I was little you can check out my mom's post here.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It's love bug season again here...Ella and Addie HATE them :-)! No matter how many times I assure them they are called love bugs because they are nice and love people they don't believe me :-).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Just pretend the "3" is an "8"...we tried to position them so you couldn't tell.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Happy Birthday!

Annemarie said...

What a great day!! I'm glad it was a good one!

I would TOTALLY take "23"...

KelleyAnne said...

I love those gifts from the girls...too cute. Happy Birthday!

Sarah S said...

I'm glad your birthday was relaxing! And I mostly only remember birthdays that are on my online birthday reminder... I would be much better at sending cards to my 20+ nieces and nephews is they were on there :) Oh well!

Jaimee said...

HAPPY DAY to YOU!

Diane said...

The flowers and their hand-painted container look really great in the photo. The girl's are such cute gift givers.

Brittany said...

I love those flower baskets too. And how did you manage to not look pregnant in any of your shots? :)

Chalonn said...

What a darling post and happy birthday!

Stephanie said...

I think the flowers and boxes are so cute! Sounds like a great day. Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't remember, feel free to forget mine now and we'll be even :)