Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Zoo Day and Some Pregnancy Complaints

Well, a few days ago I started having sharp pains in my lower back when I walk. Apparently Preston has moved and is causing it, but I didn't have it with either of the girls and it really makes it a pain to do anything! I only have 3 more weeks left so I'll survive it, but I have been promising the girls a trip to the zoo and we have just been so busy that it kept getting put off. So, yesterday morning after waking up WAY too early AGAIN I started thinking that we better get it done before some other new ailment pops up :-). After spending the entire day limping around the zoo I was extremely hopeful that at my doctor's appointment today she may tell me to go home and pack my bags because Preston was on his way, but no such luck. My body, in it's typical fashion, has done nothing to prepare (although he is head down at least). She also wants me back for an ultrasound tomorrow to check his growth because my belly hasn't gotten bigger, although I assure you it feels like it has :-). In fun baby news I have been shopping for all the last items we need before Preston arrives and we are pretty much set now! Everything has been washed and we are just waiting. I'm hoping he'll surprise me and decide to come before the scheduled induction on the 13th...keep your fingers crossed!
And on to the zoo...
We had tons of fun and the weather was absolutely perfect! We all definitely started out with more energy and enthusiasm than we ended with, but we took our time and saw everything the zoo had to offer. We also were able to avoid the school field trip crowds for the most part, always a bonus! The girls both LOVED checking out all the different types and colors of birds (they have become quite the bird lovers from watching all our little backyard friends). Addie was in love with the huge fish tanks and Ella and I died laughing when the tiger decided to poop right in front of us :-)...quite a view!
Here are pictures from our action packed day (Ella wanted to be sure I took some pictures of the animals for Mike to see :-)...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
As we waited for the carousel ride to begin Addie was freaking out. Once it started I got her to sit back on her little animal though and eventually she decided that it really was quite fun!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ella was in HEAVEN though :-)!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
This orangutan was HILARIOUS! At first he was just sitting in a corner with that cloth draped over his head and then he walked up to the glass and just sat and stared at us all. Addie was terrified and would not go near him, but Ella was surprisingly curious.
Photobucket
Addie seriously was asleep only minutes after I pulled out of the parking lot. Ella took a little longer, but I was surprised when I turned around to see her asleep as well. (notice they are both holding on to their zoo maps :-)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
By the time we pulled in our driveway they were both out COLD! I love sleeping kid pictures :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

Leighanna, Reid and William said...

Love, Love the last pics!!! Too cute.

Katie B said...

zoos are the best! What a funny orangutan, he's as curious about Ella as Ella is about him

Allie said...

I feel like I need to go to the zoo again now. Looks like so much fun. Sorry about your uncomfortableness, I hope he moved again and it gets better.

Amy said...

What a fun day! I love the girl's outfits! They are so cute! I hope you are feeling better and that the pain goes away.

Kayley said...

how cute Marci! You're such a good little mom :) I can't wait until I'm closer- I would loooove to be able to do things like this with you guys!

Sarah S said...

I'm sorry you're having so many ailments! Not fun. At least it makes the idea of labor not seem so bad, when you know having the baby will ease some of the pain! I'm so sorry you're not sleeping well either.

I just caught up on the last four posts... I loved the addl. pictures from the baby shower! What an amazing, wonderful, thoughtful shower. You look terrific - I can't believe you're about to have this baby! I would never guess if I saw you on the street. :)

Stephanie said...

I love this whole post, and their outfits are so cute!

It is so weird that we are having all the same weird things while we are pregnant. I go in three week for my follow up ultrasound to see if I still may have that privia thing, or if it has moved up on its own. I feel pretty confident that it is right now, I really don't want a C-section.

I'll let you know if they teach me anything cool on Friday. You don't have that long left, but might as well be comfortable until he arrives!