Friday, May 29, 2009

Out and About

I have been feeling a little guilty about the amount of time I am spending actively doing things with the girls, so Wednesday night when I was going to bed I decided Thursday I was going to better. Little did I know at the time that Preston would be up and/or eating almost the entire night of course, but it wasn't the girls' fault so we trucked on through. Ella asks for pancakes for breakfast at least a couple times a week. I typically make gluten-free ones (and it is quite an ordeal) so I usually say no and give her some other options. When she asked yesterday we went for it though and made some good old fashioned pancakes...with chocolate chips in them. Ella was thrilled :-)! After admiring their reflections in the bowl, the girls had a good time mixing them up too...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Then off to the pool to meet up with friends. Preston slept the whole time which made keeping track of him easy :-), but it was a little stressful trying to watch Ella AND Addie when I was feeding him - especially since Addie doesn't always listen and was trying to throw huge rocks from the landscaping into the pool.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We went back to the pool today and it was much better. Addie brought a bunch of her bath toys to make the baby pool seem more exciting and I had a much better night with Preston last night which makes EVERYTHING seem easier :-). Ella LOVES to float around in her Elmo floaty - she would stay in the pool "swimming" back and forth the whole day if we could.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Addie with Ellie)
Try to find Ella swimming all by herself in the big pool - she's been much, MUCH more brave this year...as long as she as her Elmo ring of course :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Katie B said...

Wow, Ella looks just like you in that last picture. I sure wish we had a pool!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

We had a great time. That is a nice pool. We want to go back.

Allie said...

I think the pictures of Ella holding Preston are the cutest. I Love all of them.

Sarah S said...

Great pictures and I'm glad your second night was better. EVERYTHING is easier when you get more sleep.