Monday, June 1, 2009

Any Guesses...

What time this picture was taken?
Photobucket
Between 4am and 4:30am. Friday night was a LONG night and it had started out so well too! Preston woke up around 2am after being last fed at 10pm, so initially I was thinking hooray for a longer stretch of sleep for me. By 3am when he was still awake I wasn't so excited anymore :-). We headed downstairs to watch some TV and check out things on the laptop and by 4am he was still WIDE AWAKE. I fed him again, walked around with him, rocked him, laid him in his bed, put him in his little Boppy chair but nothing worked. It was almost 5am by the time he did go back to sleep and I got back in bed. He has NEVER been awake for that long EVER and it would have been exciting had it not been the middle of the night :-)! The good news was that the next day was Saturday, which means Mike is home, which means I could sleep in until Preston woke up again.
Photobucket
We had the girls go outside to play that afternoon so we could eat lunch in peace and quiet :-). It didn't last very long before I heard knocking at the back door and found two little weirdos wanting to come inside...they had to wait. Later I found Addie had tucked herself in bed in her swimsuit (good thing she won't get near the sprinkler and was all dry) fast asleep. She really needs a nap still, but then she never wants to fall asleep at night so I'm always trying to keep her up in the afternoons.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Saturday I found my Babywise book and started looking back over it to refresh my memory...I'm ready for some better sleep ASAP. We got both the girls on a pretty good schedule and sleeping through the night at around 2 months and I want to be sure Preston does the same! I had been doing some of the things I had remembered from the book...getting him on a cycle of sleep, eat, awake, sleep, eat, awake etc. and I had been trying to feed him around the same times for a couple days but I needed some reinforcement. Saturday night was AWESOME!!! He ate at 10pm, slept until 2am, went right back to sleep and then didn't wake up until 7am! I actually woke up before him and ran in to make sure he was ok. It was heavenly! Last night was pretty good as well so hopefully we are on the right track. He is definitely going a little longer at night between feedings.
Yesterday was our first Sunday all back at church (did you see my cute pictures of the 3 kiddos?). We spent the rest of the day hanging out, making some crescent dogs, and playing outside while I gave Mike a hair cut.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Preston hung out with us outside doing his favorite day time activity - sleeping. He was awake maybe 2 hours the whole day yesterday, luckily he still slept ok last night, but I'm hopeful he'll be awake more today!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ella told Mike he looked like a little boy with his haircut...we aren't sure if that's a compliment or not, but Addie liked it :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Alexis would do that wake up in the middle of the night and be up for hours thing all the time too! It's awful. You must be much better than me at nipping it in the bud though because she's 8 months old now and still does it every once in a while!

Brittany said...

I hope Preston gets his schedule normalized for you soon. Mike's hair looks good, nice work. And isn't today your anniversary? Happy Anniversary!

Marci said...

I COMPLETELY forgot it was our anniversary...thanks for the reminder :-)!

Allie said...

What a sleepy guy! I need to come see you.

Melissa said...

Emily was very impressed by the crescent dogs. I'll have to add that to our menu :)

Sarah S said...

I always felt like I was going out of my mind when Charlie would be wide awake from 2 a.m. to 5 or 6 a.m. on random days... I'm glad you had Mike around the next morning to help with the girls so you could sleep some more!

And good luck getting him on a good schedule at 2 months! I'm impressed with people who do that. My kids so far are more on the 4-6 month plan of getting into a real routine and sleeping through the night. It's a long time to have constantly interrupted sleep. Hang in there!

And that is hilarious about your anniversary!!

LaRee said...

Preston already looks bigger...cute pics! I'm also a fan of crescent dogs!