Sunday, June 14, 2009

California, Here I Come!

So, I woke up this morning ready to enjoy my last full day in our quite house and excited to get everything ready to welcome the gang home tomorrow night. When I spoke with Mike and the girls last night they were prepared to head out this morning and I think starting to feel ready to be back.
Today I was sitting at the computer in the midst of my song summer song selecting when the phone rang. It was Mike and he told me he had bad news...something is wrong with the car. Apparently it's something with the computer in the car that is causing the alarms and such to spaz out and of course it is Sunday so there is nothing to be done about it today. They are going to take it to a dealer tomorrow and hopefully it will be a quick fix (and covered by the warranty!). As Mike and I were talking he mentioned me possibly flying out...and guess what?! I am!
Preston and I are flying to Fresno this evening and I must say I am a little nervous. For one thing, we never fly anywhere anymore since all our family moved to Texas and then of course there is the traveling with an infant and all their stuff on top of it. But I'm sure all will go well! I am very excited to get to be a small part of the California adventure and hopeful that Preston can maintain his schedule now that we were finally getting it under control (waking up at the same time each day has helped and he has been going longer at night and I really, really, don't want to lose that! He's also become a pro at falling asleep on his own in his crib so hopefully he won't forget how to do that.) It was just going to be Mike and his dad with the girls on the ride home so it will be good for them to have me in the back to help them out. And I must admit I am dying to see the girls and Mike and give them big hugs.
So, no posts from me for at least few days, but keep the summer song suggestions coming! I was so excited to have a few already and can't wait to check them out!
Time to finish packing!
(and thanks Michelle for posting pics of the girls for me!
Mike said Ella didn't want to leave she was having so much fun with all the cousins!)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so brave to fly with a newborn! Have a lot of fun! :) Can't wait to see the pictures...

Kayley said...

you're so lucky! That sounds like so much fun!

Brittany said...

Woah I hope the car troubles aren't too serious! And I'm glad you get to see your family sooner, good luck flying with Preston!

Fowler family said...

Marcy,

Wow! You had a baby! He's adorable. It's been too long since I checked in on you. I was thinking of you today- aren't you in Texas? Where are you ? We are in Dallas interning for the summer. If you are close, we should get together! It looks like from your blog you might be in Cali, but when you get back, email me okay? -Anna

McKell and John said...

Wow, that was a change in plans! You're ready for the two day trip with THREE kids? good luck my friend, I will eat a kabob in your honor!