Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad's Day!

I remember while Mike and I were dating watching him with his little sister Chloe and my youngest siblings and knowing he would make a great father someday. And guess what? I was right :-)! I had so much fun looking back through our old pictures finding photos of Mike being the wonderful dad he is.
I asked Ella what she loves about daddy and she said,
"I love when he gives me doughnuts. I like him when he's silly with me. Daddy's nice. I like it when he plays with me."
Other things I know they love: He cuddles with them when they're sick, he rubs Ella's legs when she wakes up in the middle of the night with growing pains, he plays guitar and sings silly songs about them, he plays ball and hide and seek, he makes yummy food and lets them help him cook.
Things I love about Mike as a father: He steps in and helps me bathe and tuck in the kids all the time, he got up to help Ella last night when she woke up feeling sick without me asking, he has as much fun playing and being silly as the girls do, I love to see how genuinely and deeply he loves them and they love him.
I'm never good at leaving pictures out but I tried to narrow down my options a little and here are my favorites. We all love you and appreciate you so much Mike and want you to know that we do realize how lucky we are! Happy Father's Day!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kayley said...

those pictures are so cute- Ella looks SO tiny in that one where she's laying on his chest as a newborn- even tinier than Preston just seemed!

Diane said...

Beautiful post, Marci.