Thursday, June 4, 2009

Follow Up

Preston had a follow up doctor's appointment for his belly button yesterday :-). As I type that I realize how funny it sounds - belly buttons typically aren't any big deal. I don't remember if I wrote anything about his before this...part of the umbilical cord fell off like it was supposed to but there was this really gross looking part left in his belly button still which I talked to the doctor about at his 2 week check up. There is a long scientific name for it, that I don't remember, but she said it is fairly common and put some chemical stuff on it to dry it up. It worked like a charm and Preston is finally cleared for a real bath - not to mention he now has a normal belly button that doesn't gross me out with each diaper change :-) - hooray! I had all 3 kids with me and the girls were really good. There were plenty of books for them to read while we waited. Even Preston, who was awake the whole time, was nice and chill. The other news at the doctor was that he is up to 8 lbs. 6 oz. I guess his constant need to eat is paying off!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Preston was a little grumpy yesterday so we were trying out different things to get him happy. He is still too little to really be entertained much by toys, but Ella and Addie were fascinated by the moving animals and played with it long after I had take Preston away.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

The Chrissy Herself said...

What do you mean belly-buttons aren't typically a big deal? :)