Monday, June 22, 2009

Fun in Fresno (part 1)

The crew arrived in Fresno on Thursday after camping and stayed with Mike's grandparents (on his mom's side). Pretty much all the Freeman side of the family lives in Fresno as well though, which makes getting to see everyone easier. The girls were able to play with all their "cousins" (the children of Mike's cousins) one day at Uncle Ralph and Aunt Linda's...who happen to have a dream yard for kids (cows, chicken, sheep, a treehouse!). They had such a blast playing with everyone and did not want to leave. Part of me wishes we lived there just so they could be a part of that fun gang - all the kids are the same ages and it would be so fun for them. I never had any cousins my age either and I was always jealous of people who did!
Oh well, that's what happens when 2 oldest kids get married I suppose.
Mike was able to drive up to the Bay area and hang out with his buddies Jonathan and Heber, who came down from Seattle.
I think the highlight of Addie's trip was playing with Grandma's cat. The poor thing was definitely abused during the stay; fortunately he didn't seem to mind a bit. Addie has been disappointed since coming home that Nana and Grammy's cats aren't quite so compliant with her wishes :-).
It was a great bonding time for the girls with Meema and Papa and they have definitely missed them after all that time together!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Getting my good night phone call from the girls...and Mike's signature on his old junior high in Fremont. He took me to see it when we were visiting his family there once - hard to believe it's almost 20 years old now!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Katie B said...

woah, in that last picture Addie looks so much like one of my neices, it's eerie!

Looks like a fun fun trip!

michele cabiness said...

In that first picture of Charlotte and Ella, Ella was looking a little shy and timid but when I told her I would send the picture to you she gave me a huge smile. Your girls were so cute.

Diane said...

I love all the photos, it is fun to relive the great time we had! Addie was so cute in the chicken coup, she kept going back in to see that chicken.

By the way, I just went onto smugmug.com and typed in jackie booth and all of the wedding photos are there. Chrissy doesn't have internet yet so I guess she has a good excuse for not blogging lately.

Brittany said...

All of the camping and Fresno pics look so fun! It is too bad we don't all live near Fresno and that our kids, once they ever come, won't be too close in age.