Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home Again!

We made it home this afternoon and the drive actually didn't seem too bad. Preston was a dream on the airplane out to CA and I decided that he's actually at a great age to travel because he sleeps most of the time...no toys needed to entertain him, etc. We stopped at Cafe Rio on the way back and I was surprised at how anti-climatic it was for me. Mike's parents have perfected their recipe so that it is nearly identical (and in fact, I like their dressing better than the restaurant!). It's always nice to be back home again and the girls are especially thrilled. Now I'm just behind on everything I had caught up on, what can you do? There are lots of pictures to come - don't worry! And hey, what happened to my summer song suggestions?!
(Oh yeah, our DVR filled up while I was gone so only the first 33 minutes of So You Think You Can Dance recorded...I almost cried. My parents' still have it on theirs so I can go watch it, but I was looking forward to watching it the whole drive home :-(. AND the best news of my trip out there was that our car was easily fixed and covered by warranty! I almost forgot to mention that!)

5 comments:

Kayley said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safely- and I bet the girls are even more glad to be out of the car!! Can't wait to see all the pictures!

lolomae said...

So glad you made it home safely and no more car trouble. It was fun visiting with y'all at Micheles.

Melissa said...

I'm glad you're back :) I miss Cafe Rio all of the time but maybe I've just elevated the status in my memories...I'm going to try your family's pork salad recipe next week.

Brittany said...

that's great to hear that my parents have perfected their Cafe Rio recipe, I go to their house a lot more often than I drive through a Cafe Rio state!

Diane said...

I am flattered to hear that you like our Cafe Rio so much! It is always fun to have the whole fam together and make Cafe Rio!!