Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Get to Join the Fun

Preston and I flew in Sunday night and he did GREAT on the way. We had two flights (switching in Salt Lake City) and he slept the WHOLE time on both of them! On the first longer flight I did have to feed him twice and change a poopy diaper, but he never made a peep. We got lots of compliments :-). I was really worried about the trip disrupting his newly formed schedule but we were able to maintain it for the most part.
Photobucket
It was so much fun for our family to be reunited and Ella quickly gave Preston enough love to make up for their time apart :-). We wanted to take the girls to a fun little place called Storyland but were VERY disappointed to find it was only open on weekends. We just did something fun here in Katy yesterday instead which hopefully I'll get to blog about soon now that I'm almost caught up.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
If you know Ella, you know her love of rollie pollies discovered in California was quite out of character. The ones Addie found didn't fare so well - she usually ended up smooshing them.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We were playing "where is Arthur hiding?" and it was actually hard for me to find some of Ella's hiding places!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I was really glad Preston got to meet more of our extended family and that I was able to be a part of this fun memory. Michele invited us to come by their house our last night and the girls were thrilled to play with some real toys! They are doing such fun things with their house and it was so fun to see it in real life after following it on their blog!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Trying to catch these teeny frogs was fun until Addie stomped on one (on purpose) and it barely survived.
Photobucket
The drive home went really well...and was made easier by the fun surprises Meema had prepared for the girls. After dropping off Papa in San Antonio we made it home around 4pm on Thursday and man did it feel good to be home at last! I found these princess nightgowns for the girls while they were away and they were a perfect welcome home treat! Waiting for me I had about 100 blog posts to catch up on (ok, I didn't read all of them)...good thing I'm not usually away from a computer for that long!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Christina Bambina said...

I love the picture where the girls are looking at a cat through a gate and miss addie is missing a shoe!!!!
Oh oh! and the one where she's preparing the cat for bed! That cat is wonderful!!!
It's so much fun to follow your blog! I missed you all while you were gone!!!

Diane said...

I agree with Christina, those are my favorite shots...along with the ones of Ella loving Preston. It was a great trip and I am so glad you came along. It was a lot of driving but it was worth it for the camping, connecting with our Califoria loved ones, and just spending time together.

KelleyAnne said...

I LOVE all the fun pictures you captured. You are so good at that! I'm glad you made the trip and everything went well with little Preston. You are the cutest family and NO I'm not prejudice!

McKell and John said...

I just wanted to tell you that it's okay if you go longer than a week without reading or posting a blog! Poor girl, you really stress over it. I'm totally joking. But I'm just glad you're back. Can we get together already!?