Thursday, July 2, 2009

Date Night

You know me, I can never just pick one...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This picture was actually taken a couple hours later even though it looks the same :-). Mike took the girls to get a cool, yummy treat on our hot Houston day.
Photobucket
Ella and I have had fun entertaining ourselves by making Preston hold different items and then talking for him :-).
"What are we eating guys?! I'm ready! Give me some real food!"
Photobucket
"What?! It's all gone!!!"
Photobucket
DATE NIGHT!!! My mom came and watched the girls so Mike and I could enjoy a relaxing dinner together. Preston was awake when we went into the restaurant so I was a little nervous but he just looked around at all the decorations until he fell asleep! Way to go Preston!!! (and notice how Mike, sporting his bday shirt from Brit and Ili, and I even matched on accident...we're so good!)
Photobucket
Where did we go? YUM!
Photobucket
Earlier in the day Ella and I went on a "date" to the mall where I was searching for something cute to wear for Preston's blessing. It was nice to get out with just her! We had a good time and Ella kept an impressive pace walking around. Our adventure also included getting locked in a dressing room where Ella had to crawl under the door and get someone to let me out. I was SO proud of her for actually speaking to a complete stranger. I know she must really love me because she is so shy and I'm sure she was scared to death! We sampled chicken as walked through the food court (she thought it was pretty cool), found her a cute dress for the 4th of July and shared an ice cream sandwich from a vending machine after being completely entertained by the cooler that opened and the little vacuum aparatis that grabbed our treat for us! When Mike and I were leaving later that night and I told her we were going on a date she said, "Oh, like me and you? How fun!" :-)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on getting a date night :) Jason and I discovered Chuy's a few weeks ago for the first time and it was SO good!

Brittany said...

I love your little comic strip for Preston, how fun you guys have a live little toy! I also love your coordinated shirts (and it sounds like Mike dressed himself in the new shirt I gave him, now I KNOW he does likes it :)

Diane said...

Never apologize for all the photos, we LOVE them! How fun for the girls to get a date with dad, so cute.

Preston gets cuter every day, he is going to be a handsome guy...and I can't wait to hold him tomorrow!

That matching thing happens to Steve and I all the time. It's a sign of a good marriage :)

Allie said...

He is so dang cute. I love all the pictures you post too. He looks so old now.

The Chrissy Herself said...

mm. we're kicking off our weekend with a trip to chuey's (and since we're missing Chacos with the gang) :)

KelleyAnne said...

Aaahhh...that Ella girl is so cute. Ditto Diane about the pictures ... actually Ditto Diane period!