Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Fiesta!!!

We had quite the weekend...lots of food, family and fun!
It was nice to host the party at our house because that meant we got to have ALL our family with us for the holiday, which was such a treat! I am so thankful that not only do Mike and I both have such wonderful families, but that they get along so well too. I actually had a lot of fun planning the menus and cooking too. I can get pretty stressed out about getting things done and things going well, but I honestly didn't feel that at all this weekend. It was just nice to be surrounded by everyone we love.
Without further adieu, here is our Saturday...
THE NEIGHBORHOOD PARADE
We were prepared to cover our ears this year (last year the firetruck was a little traumatic). I just love how bright the colors came out in these pictures. Oh, and it was Preston's first parade experience :-)...what a milestone!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
HANGING OUT AND ENJOYING THE COMPANY
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Addie fell asleep, well passed out is probably a more correct term, and we could NOT get her to wake up for anything! Papa had her, Grandad had her, Aunt Kayley had her, etc. eventually she joined the party and didn't slow down for a LONG time after that :-).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
FOURTH OF JULY FUN
Ella with her favorite people, Aunts Chloe and Hope, making JELLO cups. I think this will be a frequent activity in our house from now on...it's fun, easy and cheap (not to mention there are so many colors of JELLO to choose from)! Ella and Addie now have painted rainbow fingernails (which they LOVE) and played lots of dress-up and Barbies...thank you aunties.
I loved all the girls in their festive colors!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The girls love Uncle Scotto too and he braved the heat outside with them for quite awhile.
Photobucket
TIME TO EAT!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
No one but Addie gets a turn to say the prayers around here...even when someone else is saying them she tries as best she can to repeat everything they say in her cute little voice. She sure knows how to steal the spotlight :-).
Photobucket
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MIKE
Photobucket
Photobucket
FAMILY PHOTO-OP TIME
All The Men...
Photobucket
My favorite :-)! I was setting the timer on the camera so we could get a picture of the whole crew and this time I just pushed the button without hitting the timer first on accident :-). I don't think I could have captured everyone looking so serious if I had tried!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Addie is hiding behind Grammy above and obviously NOT happy below.
Photobucket
Photobucket
TIME FOR FIREWORKS
Photobucket
Ella tried SO hard to be brave this year. She stayed outside with us all for a long time, but when my mom noticed little tears in the corners of her eyes she took her inside to watch from the window. I don't know why she thinks they are so scary. I know she doesn't like how loud they are, but she was covering her ears and someone was always holding her so I thought she would be ok. I hope she learns to like them eventually. Poor Ella :-(.
Addie, on the other hand, thought they were great.
Photobucket
Kayley's in-laws, the Millers, came over with their fireworks as well and the two Scotts :-), put on quite a show for us!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Diane said...

I love how your mom is the only one smiling while the rest of us are so serious. And we all know why the men have such big grins. tee hee.

Kayley said...

I love the serious picture too! It made me laugh so hard :)

Annemarie said...

What a great weekend! I agree that it is so much fun to get entire families together.
The food looks DELICIOUS!

KelleyAnne said...

It was so much fun ... and the food was fabulous! Thanks Marci♥

The Chrissy Herself said...

Thank you so much for such a great weekend, Marci! The food was delicious, everything looked so festive and pretty, and I know we all had a GREAT time visiting. Let's do it again next weekend? :)