Friday, July 31, 2009

The Importance of Being Earnest

I haven't read a book or been to a book club meeting since April or May, well since the birth of Preston for sure. This month I'm hosting book club and when Susan was kind enough to drop by her copy of this book, with the promise it was a quick read, I figured I should try and get back on track! It was a fun story that I read in just a couple hours. I just feel proud to have completed a book again finally...even if it was only 50 pages long :-)! Maybe now I'll finally finish the other two books I started months ago! I'm excited that I'll get to join in the discussion on Thursday!
The Importance of Being Earnest The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Just the book I needed to get back on my reading track!
It is a fast and easy read that had me laughing to myself from the first few lines.
I did not love the ending, but still enjoyed the story overall.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Kim said...

Haven't read the book, but did love the movie with Collin Firth!

Cheryl Joy said...

That is a good way to get back on track! I think we all wish we read more, but it's hard to commit to it.