Friday, July 3, 2009

Not On Purpose

I don't set out each day to take tons of pictures, it just ends up happening. One thing after another seems to occur that seems photo worthy and before I know it the day is over and I have a bunch of pictures to somehow incorporate into a single blog post. I think that is the trickiest part of blogging...coming up with a theme and a title that can blend a bunch of random events from the day. Sometimes I'm more successful than others, but it is good exercise for my brain!
Here are some moments that just had to be captured today...
Has anyone seen Preston?
Photobucket
His face says it all, "What did I get myself into?!...Mom?! Are you seriously not going to help me out here?!"
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Modeling their new sunglasses from Nana.
Photobucket
More fun with Johnny...today we went to my parents' house to swim (Mckell is lucky enough to be on a 10-day trip in Europe without kids with her in-laws. Did I mention there are NO kids?! Yeah, rough life! Her mom is watching Johnny and Livvy so we have been trying to give her some little breaks :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I asked Mike to put Addie's swim diaper on her before we left this morning and after we had been swimming for awhile I noticed her diaper seemed really huge...which is the whole point of a swim diaper, right? As I was checking it out I was about to tell Mike we should write to Huggies and tell them we got a defective swim diaper, when I realized it was a pull-up, NOT a swim diaper. I accidentally bought some boy pull-ups during one of my diaper deal crazes and didn't even notice they came in boy and girl packages. So, these were blue and pulled on, just like the swim diapers...it was a funny sight though (I was in the pool and all wet, so no pictures).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Scott wished I didn't happen to be walking by holding my camera when this happened :-). See what I mean about photo opportunities?!
ePhotobucket
Aunt Hope on Preston patrol inside.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The kids were getting a little bored until Uncle Scott had the genius idea to turn the bubbles on in the hot tub (which is not hot). They FREAKED out...they LOVED it!!!
Photobucket
The danger of sitting poolside during a pool noodle battle.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I LOVE this picture of Preston (and HATE it of myself, but I'm sacrificing here for his sake). I think is a better representation of what he looks like than most the pictures I get when he looks so wrinkly. I went and saw a friend and her newborn baby today and it made me a little sad that Preston is already so big. As much as I want him to hurry and get a little bigger and older in so many ways, it is sad to think that he is never going back to that itty bitty newborn who just cuddled the days (and nights) away. He's still pretty little though.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Of course Addie always provides a good laugh and a photo-op...this is how I found my drink later in the afternoon.
Photobucketometh
And Lastly, our cute and crazy sleepers...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

michele cabiness said...

Preston kind of looks loke Lila in some of those pool side pictures to me. It must be the freeman in them!

LaRee said...

Prestons expressions are so cute! love the sunglasses from Nana!

Melissa said...

Such cute pictures! I can never get pictures of my kids sleeping - they are such light sleepers. I bought some boy Pull Ups when Emily was potty training (they were only $3 and I couldn't resist) - they were Spiderman or something like that and she ended up loving them :) I think girls can get away with stuff like that!

I love the monkey - Emily has had one like that except it's a bit grimy and lacking stuffing now since she has carried it with her and slept with it for 5 years now and I recognize your cup - I have one just like it from when I delivered Emily when we were living in Utah - it's one of my favorite cups!

KelleyAnne said...

I wondered where all my bowls disappeared to! Can you stay here and take more pictures?

cheri said...

Thank You Thank You THANK YOU! ~mcKells Mom Cheri

Brittany said...

Wow Preston really does blend in with the toys. I think you and him both look cute in that picture you don't like. It's amazing how much he's changed since when I met him at Chrissy's wedding!