Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our Favorite Pool

We haven't been super social lately. The main summer activity in Houston is going to the pool, for obvious reasons. We have many, many fun pools to choose from, but I get worried about Preston getting too hot or keeping Addie where I can see her when I'm nursing him (we're still working on her listening skills :-).
Yesterday the kiddos and I were planning to meet up with our church playgroup at a local pool but when we went to leave I realized our stroller was in the trunk of the car Mike had at work. I knew it would be an ordeal to get all our pool stuff (towels, lunches, floaties, bag of other necessities) plus Preston and the girls from the car to the pool without it. Ella and Addie had been looking forward to a swim though so we headed to my parents' house instead.
Preston was asleep in his carseat when we arrived so we plopped him down inside the air conditioned house and got to swimming. As I was floating at the sunny end of the pool while watching the girls play on the shaded steps with their toys I realized just how much more relaxing it was there! Sure the other pools have slides, splash pads, waterfalls, etc. but Ella and Addie seem to have just as much fun at my parents'...especially when Grandad comes out to join the party. When Preston woke up I was able to feed him while my dad was watching the girls (he definitely gets abused, but he's such a good sport :-)!) and take some pictures too.
And a story from that morning: When I told the girls to go pick out their swimsuits that morning Ella picked her cherry one and wanted Addie to wear hers too. Well, Addie has her own opinions and wanted her Aurora one. I was in my room getting ready and I could hear Ella tell her, "Fine Addie, but mom won't be able to take our pictures then because we won't match!"
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
When Grandad gave Addie a ride around the pool Ella of course wanted to join in as well. However, instead of waiting until Addie was done or simply telling someone she wanted a turn, she just jumped right on Addie's back. She was holding onto Addie neck and pulled them both backwards into the water. Of course my dad was right there and they were fine, but neither of them like going under water so they both started crying. Addie was done with the pool for the day after that and moved onto rock sorting and playing with the cat, but Ella still wanted her turn on Grandad's back. I got this picture right before they fell off.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Preston hung out happily on the sidelines for awhile, but once he decided he was done, he was done and we had to leave in a hurry :-)!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nothing like a day spent swimming to wear kids out...Ella still had enough energy left to play with Preston though...
she definitely thinks of him as one of her toys :-)!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

I take the kids I babysit to the public pool sometimes and even without an infant it can get pretty chaotic!

Kayley said...

dad does look like he's getting abused... that's funny they both like to pour water on his head! The second picture of Preston is SO cute- he's looking right at the camera and smiling!