Tuesday, July 21, 2009

SEA WORLD!!!

We made our trip to Sea World on Thursday and had a blast despite the heat. The seating for the shows was completely shaded and they refilled the girls' cups with ice and water for free which was really nice. Preston was the one I was most worried about getting too hot and he hung in there. He stayed happy for the most part during our busy day (I only got one picture of him the whole time). The girls loved the lazy river and feeding the seals. I wasn't sure they would even touch the fish, but they were all for it :-)! The shows were amazing as well (Shamu was still my favorite)...we'll definitely have to go again!
Ella said her favorite part of the day was "going on the Shamu ride with Daddy" and when I asked Addie she just walked away from me.
First things first...check to see which rides we are big enough for! Then off to try out Shamu (poor Addie really wanted to go too)!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ella loved these ropes and would have stayed and played for much longer had the rest of us been able to take the heat!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
A ride for Addie...Hooray!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Mike took the girls to get cooled off by one of the rides. The first one that came by barely splashed them so they moved in closer. The second time they got drenched unexpectedly and Mike said both girls burst into tears :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ella and Addie were so excited about the baby beluga whale...we love babies around here!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
We ended the day at the water park section (we had planned to still go to the seal lion show afterwards, but once we got wet it was hard to think about leaving the cool water and we missed the last show) and then fed the seals before heading home.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mike and Ella went to go on some of the water rides and I was watching Addie and Preston at the splash pad. Addie was hilarious! I wish I would have taken a video of her trying to make friends and copying the older kids. She kept saying, "Look, I'm swimming!"
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
The End.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time! We love the beluga whale show, too!

We thought Jacob would be big enough to go on the Shamu rollercoaster this time, but he was just a little too short and was disappointed also. We haven't ever been to the water park part - we thought everything would be too "big" - we'll have to check that out on our next trip!

Katie B said...

That looks like so much fun! Did you say it's in San Antonio? Maybe Sean and I will have to run over there sometime. It looks like a great time!

Cheryl Joy said...

You guys are adorable. I love the video of the three of you on the little ride.

rusted sun said...

Great photos. Looks like you had fun. I especially loved your last photo...so silly, but who doesn't love baby butts...too cute.

Kayley said...

your trip looks like it was SO much fun! I'm glad you take so many pictures of everything so that I can see it all too :) I have to say- the last picture is my favorite!

Brittany said...

Your trip does look fun, it reminds me of my thoughts after we went to Sea World, it is so much more fun going with kids! I hope Ella loved her birthday celebration choice!

Sarah S said...

I LOVE that last pic of Addie walking away in her swimsuit. What a fun day at Sea World!

This is really funny to me because I just saw some pictures on Morgan McConnell's facebook page showing your high school reunion. Such a contrast. Are you sad you missed it? :) I wouldn't have gone to mine last year if we lived far away... Anyway, there's a pic of Larnelle on there that totally made me smile. I miss that guy.

Christina Bambina said...

"the end" picture is really really cute!