Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Week So Far...

Ella played with her favorite "doll," Preston :-)...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We've been eating yummy food...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Preston had his 6 week check-up (our new pediatrician likes them to come in 2 weeks before the "month" mark for some reason). He weighed 10 lbs. 3 oz. (50th percentile) and is 22 inches long (50-75th percentile). The 6 week vs. 2 month appointments are messing up all my comparisons between him and the girls! Oh well :-). Of course the appointment meant lots of shots for poor little Preston. And as if I hadn't put him through enough already, as I was buckling him in his carseat on the floor of our exam room, Addie "accidentally" hit him on the head with the little formula can sample they brought us (I really don't think she did on purpose). He wasn't hurt, but he sure didn't like it and I felt horrible!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lots of fun was had playing with Johnny...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Water fight (even Addie was trying to throw buckets of water)...
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
For some reason Addie thinks sidewalk chalk is supposed to be used like make-up, although I'm pretty sure she's never seen anyone else use it that way.
Photobucket
Time to move the party inside...what is it with kids and popcorn? They think it is THE best...Works for me :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Preston was sad the rest of the day (the poor little guy had been through a lot), but he did seem to like the swing. Ella is taking her new role as a mini-mom pretty seriously :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
dPhotobucket
Addie is following in her Dad's footsteps already. And speaking of him :-), it was Mike's birthday yesterday. It was pretty low key around here, but we did try to make him feel special on his big day. It was also my first day back to work and although I only went in to Gymboree for a total of 3 hours, I was still nervous leaving all 3 kiddos, especially since Preston wasn't himself. They all did fine of course. Mike gave Preston his bottle and he took it well, and then I had to pump when I got back home which is never exciting. What is exciting though is that for 2 nights in a row Preston has slept until 4am (instead of 2:30 or 3am...that means 1 to 1-1/2 hours more of sleep for me in a row!). The doctor said most babies start sleeping all night when they get closer to 13 pounds so I'm thinking I need to try and fatten him up...and FAST :-)!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Marci! How are you? We just got back from Utah. WE need to get together. Let me know what day works for you. Also, I still owe you $6. I keep forgetting to give it to you. I can't believe Preston is already 10 lbs!

Katie B said...

I just love Preston's expressions- he looks so concerned all the time. Well, I guess if I had to suddenly figure out the world, I'd be pretty concerned too!

Sarah S said...

a few things -

1. Marci, you look so skinny already!! (referring to pic of your date w/ Mike)

2. Preston does look so much bigger already! I love the pictures from Sunday with all of your kids dressed up (I'm a little behind on my google reader)

3. I love the outdoor pictures, especially near the pool. The colors are so bright and the girls look so cute.