Monday, July 20, 2009

We're Back!

We made it home last night after being enticed to stay longer by more and more yummy meals...
of course, the company wasn't too bad either :-)!
Our menu while in San Antonio (provided by Mike's parents) included, but was not limited to...
Brisket with Potato Salad and Cole Slaw
Papa's Shredded Beef Tacos
Steaks with Roasted Potato Wedges and Veggies
Cafe Rio Pork Salad
Scrambled Eggs & Bacon with Hashbrowns
Egg Gravy
Meema's Enchilada Creation
(using this sauce with a chicken mixture filling)
Needless to say, we didn't lose any weight on this trip and I'm feeling slightly pregnant again :-).
I have nearly 200 pictures of all our fun to go through and edit (and that is after deleting out all the blurry/not wanted ones),
but I'm hoping to get the first of them up by the end of today.
Ella and I headed out to the grocery store bright and early this morning to take advantage of Kroger's current deals and I had to share my success. I've been talking a lot about couponing with people recently it seems and it is such a great feeling to save so much money! If you want to get started, be sure to check out Melissa's Bargain Blog! She's a friend in my ward here who is the one who inspired me to get started and has some great information on where to begin.
A couple other favorites I have found are Hip 2 Save and Fabulessly Frugal.
We still have to get some regular groceries for our meals this week, but this will restock our pantry and fridge with goodies for a long time (I'm saving some of it for Ella's school lunches)!
Photobucket
Any guesses on the total for all this?
This includes...
11 Vitamin Waters (I love these!), 8 Kraft 2% cheeses, 1 package Sargento cheese slices, 1 gallon milk, bananas, raspberries, an avocado, 6 Yoplait yogurts, 2 boxes kid yogurts, 1 Sargento salad finishers, 1 cream cheese, 1 sour cream, 3 frozen veggie boxes, 1 bag Tostitos and 1 queso dip, 2 Pace salsas, 1 Kraft salad dressing, 2 boxes Zatarains rice, 2 Keebler cookies, 1 brownie mix, 1 Sunny D Smoothie, and 3 bags Chex/Cheerios mix. (not pictured: 2 doughnuts for the girls :-)
$39.07 (a savings of nearly 70%!)
It is SO fun to do that! Plus, I earned a 10 cents off/gallon of gas too.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are a bargain shopper! We'd love to get together this week. We are pretty open. Let me know what day works for you.

Cheryl Joy said...

I would drive to San Antonio for that menu!

I am SO impressed by your bargain shopping! I'll have to check out Melissa's blog. Cheerios snack mix is the best.

Kayley said...

Marci I can't believe your deals! I've been getting the Sunday paper and trying to do the couponing thing- but so far I haven't had any crazy deals like yours- that's awesome!!

KelleyAnne said...

I would drive to San Antonio for that menu too....(after picking Cheryl up in Florida)!

I love how good you are at getting those deals. I'm catching on and it really is rewarding.