Saturday, August 8, 2009

Conflicted

Don't forget about Preston!
He wanted his turn in the spotlight too.
Preston is half extremely mellow (like Mike) and half high-strung/never fully relaxed (like me)...he's very conflicted. He doesn't cry a lot, except for when he is over-tired...then he lets you know about it. Yet at the same time he doesn't just chill out when you are holding him. He wants to stand up, move around, arch his back and never stay in the same position for very long. He is super alert and opens his eyes as WIDELY as he can to take it all in.
Preston has an insatiable appetite (he still eats every 2 hours for the most part during the day), is super strong (rolling from tummy to back since 5 weeks) and our worst sleeper yet. He is almost 2 1/2 months old and has only occasionally slept all night for me (although he did last night!). I know he is still better than a lot of babies and maybe I've been spoiled by the girls, but I LOVE being spoiled and had hoped it would continue :-).
On a typical night we put him down around 8pm, he wakes up between 3-4am to eat and then wakes up for the day anytime between 6am and 8am. We have sporadic nights in between where it is worse or better and I can make no sense of what prompts how each particular night goes. I've been keeping track of when he eats and sleeps during the day to try and find some pattern that can guide me to help him sleep better, but nothing. The only repetition is that he takes one 2-hour nap a day (as opposed to his usual 1 hour naps b/n feedings and playing), but it happens at completely random times. I am an organized, scheduling, control-freak so this is a little stressful for me :-).
Preston is happy, happy though. He loves to watch Ella read to him and dance for him and he is talking up a little baby storm. I can't believe he's getting so big already! He feels like a solid little guy now.
Preston's funny faces...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Ella gives Preston our manliest dolls :-)...and she took the second picture of him below.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

lolomae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lolomae said...

Darling pictures of your baby boy. We went over to see Stephanie and Jordan's new baby,"Lucy". She has cute chubby cheeks, weighed in at 8lb 4oz. She has lots of dark hair and looks like her sisters

michele cabiness said...

Lila was sitting on my lap when I read this post and was VERY excited about Preston's pictures!

LaRee said...

Love the baby talk!...cute manly doll from mini-mom!

Katie B said...

That boy has a lot of expressions! Great job capturing them

Cheryl Joy said...

Preston is getting cuter and cuter! I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Kayley said...

ha- I love how she gives him the man-dolls!

Sarah S said...

Great pictures of your cute little boy! He is getting so big. The video is darling - I love when babies that age make their sounds. And I think your nights sound pretty good for his age - getting up just once is great!! Hopefully he'll start consistently sleeping through the night soon.