Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Galveston, Part II

Here's the rest of our beach pictures!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I love the picture below...we both got knocked over by waves right as I took the picture :-).
Addie was all about raking the ocean water and Ella was all about "swimming" in it.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Preston's hair was hilarious at the beach, but I never got a picture that captured it very well.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
No trip to the beach is complete without feeding the seagulls. You couldn't spot a bird anywhere around us, but as soon as one piece of bread was thrown in the air and hit the ground they came out of no where. These birds were seriously amazing at catching the food mid-air (although it's hard to see on the video)! I had a blast :-)! Also, notice Addie eating her piece of bread and Preston crying in the background, he was done with the beach. The poor little guy had sand all over his face and had been such a trooper that day!

im
We all got a little red...the sun must have been INTENSE that day. I kept the girls loaded with sun screen and they wore hats and rashguards half the day but Addie still got pink. Even Preston, who was under the umbrella the whole time except for a couple pictures, has rosy cheeks. Mike and I definitely got the worst of it though. I'm pretty sure this is the worst burn of my life!
Thank goodness for aloe!!!
I put the pictures small so you just get the idea of the color and burn lines, while hopefully making them a little less obscene :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket

13 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

I have NEVER seen a burn that bad Marci... You better take care of yourself! That looks so painful... yikes. Keep aloe on it 24-7. But I'm glad you guys had fun before Mike went back to lame work :)

Katie B said...

Ouch! That's some intense red! You have my sympathies.

Great great great picture of the birds. It feels kind of eerie.

Katie B said...

Ouch! That's some intense red! You have my sympathies.

Great great great picture of the birds. It feels kind of eerie.

Amber said...

Marci! That is a HORRIBLE burn!! You're gonna have to make a trip to the dermatologist once you're healed. Hope it heals fast. Looks like you guys all had a great time at the beach though!

Allie said...

Are you still in pain, that looks mighty painful? Are you okay? I love all the pictures, what a fun vacation. We may just have to go there when my sister comes next week. If we do, I'll be asking for directions.

Kristin said...

I agree... that's the worst burn I've ever seen. I am so sorry, even with aloe, that still is REALLY painful when clothes get thrown into the mix!!!

LaRee said...

Hope you guys had fun inspite of the awful looking burns!...funny pics of Prestons hair!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Woah! That's a shocking picture there at the end! I hope it's feeling better. This Texas sun this year has been unforgiving.

McKell and John said...

Ummmmm....i'm pretty sure those are second degree burns! I still giggle when I see it, I have never seen a burn that bad! Are you sick of people saying that yet? Have they blistered yet? See you tomorrow!

Annemarie said...

You sure have some cute little beach babies!!

That burn...OUCH!

Christina Bambina said...

Oh my goodness! Really Marci, I've never in my life seen such a burn! I hope you have lot's of Aloe Vera! Even vitamin E oil will help, like almond oil you could prob. find at the pharmacy.
The pictures look like you guys had fun though! were you the only ones at the beach??? How nice not to have a crowded beach!

Kayley said...

OH MY GOSH those are crazy burns!!! The beach pictures are very cute too though!

Liz L said...

that looks painful!