Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy

My house is still a mess today and I'm still tired, although I'm slowly catching back up, but I still feel like some major things were accomplished today and that makes me very happy!
Almost as happy as these pictures from yesterday afternoon...
Photobucket
Photobucket
This morning I met with 4 other moms to figure out a little mini-school system for our 5 little girls who will all enter kindergarten the same year. I am hoping this year meeting one day a week and doing our own "curriculum" goes well and they will all be game to do Joy School next year. Then the following year Addie can do one year of actual preschool before she starts Kindergarten like Ella did.
We decided to pick a subject matter for each month to base the lessons and activities on and then we can incorporate learning letters, numbers, etc. in to each theme.
I'm really excited about the topics! The girls are going to have a blast!
September: Seasons/Weather
October: The Senses
November: The Body
December: Food
January: Colors
February: Feelings
March part 1: Fairytales
March/April: Transportation/The World
April part 2: Shapes
May: Animals

4 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

I love this idea. You are such proactive moms! For February, you should incorporate the book "Today I Feel Silly" by Jamie Lee Curtis. It is all about the different feelings and how it is okay to talk about what you are feeling, even if it is anger or frustration. All of Jamie Lee Curtis' books are great. The illustrations are amazing.

:)

Katie B said...

What a great idea to prep for formal schooling! I also love seeing Addie and Preston playing together, so sweet.

Steve said...

I love Preston's hat! He looks like an Ump calling a baseball game.
In the first picture he is saying to Addie "I need to get a better look at the blue thing Addie. Could you bring it a little closer?"
Second picture "Everything looks good to me. I just want to make sure everything is safe. You can go back to whatever you were doing Addie"
As always, GREAT SHOTS Marcie.

Stephanie said...

I love the idea for Addie. It sounds so perfect!