Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is That....

my super-expensive Dreft laundry detergent spilled all over my laundry room floor?!
Yep!

Photobucket
I haven't even used the stuff since Preston was a few weeks old and just happened to bust it out today. I didn't screw the lid on all the way because I had more loads coming up and set it on top of the washer. Well, my washer decided to do a little jig that threw it crashing to the ground. I heard something fall, but didn't think anything of it until I went to change loads and saw this horrific scene.
I yelled out, "OH NO!!!" and just stood there in shock...at the mess, at the waste of detergent, at the thought of cleaning it up.
Ella came and saw what happened and asked me if I was mad :-). I told her I wasn't, just frustrated and sad. So true.
The good news is I still had 4 more loads of laundry to do, so I just threw one detergent soaked towel into each load...at least it didn't all go to waste!

Yet another reason to blog...
it makes not so great events in life like sun burns (mine feels much better today!) and wasted detergent not quite so bad...
at least they give me good blog posts!

2 comments:

Amber said...

what a good idea to throw a detergent drenched towel into each load. Glad to hear your sunburn is feeling better.

Christina Bambina said...

yeah really Mars! what a great idea!!! detergent drenched towels!!!