Friday, August 21, 2009

Last Days of Summer

We have just been relaxing at home together these past couple days...I can't believe Ella starts school in 3 days!
Today Ella got to play with Johnny and it will probably be the last time for awhile - so sad :-(! I think the weirdest part of her being at school for me will be when I get together with friends for play dates and she's not with us anymore!
And a Preston update...Thursday I let him cry it out at his naptimes and by the end of the day he was already crying less. That night he woke up around 3am and Mike gave him his pacifier. We heard him again a little while later and Mike was about to go in again but we decided to just leave him alone and he fell back asleep and then didn't get up this morning until 7am! We did the naps again today and I'm hopeful tonight we will continue making progress. Go Preston :-)!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We made Triple Layer Rice Krispie Treats and the girls had fun counting the marshmallows and then helping me melt them.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mckell gave Ella and Addie true princess nails!
They LOVE them!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

McKell and John said...

Thanks so much for the fun day and delicious lunch!!! We will miss our little Ella!

Katie B said...

Yay more sleep! I hope it continues!

Diane said...

the last days of summer are always sad. Steve and I have a tradition of going out to breakfast on the first day of school...it helps.

Good job with Preston, it is so hard to hear them cry...but it is the best for both of you to get uninterrupted sleep :)

He looks cute on his quilt!

Diane said...

Did your mom have any luck with restoring her computer info? I sure hope so. She hasn't posted anything; I hope that doesn't mean the worst:(