Thursday, August 27, 2009

So Far, So Good

Ella is still in love with school, and the bus rides. So far we have been up and ready on time, but 7:50am sure comes quickly!
Addie tries to get on the bus with Ella in the morning and confirms with me during the day that "Ella is at school?" We've been so busy during the days this first week though that I don't think she has had too much time to miss her. Between playdates, church activities, a visit from Meema, an afternoon with Nana and today 4 of her little friends coming over while the moms try to organize a little mini-school for them, the long days have passed quickly.
It has been fun to see Addie pay a little more attention to Preston though. He is sleeping SO much better and starting to fall into a slightly more predictable nap routine. One of these days we'll all be on a schedule! Preston and I are heading to Utah next weekend for Brooke's wedding, so I think once we get back I'll really try to figure it all out.
The pictures of the week so far...
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Ella was so excited this first morning for the bus and was talking up a storm as we waited for it. The same child who I was so worried about leaving in a classroom the day before jumped right on the bus without even looking back to wave bye! Riding the bus has been a life long dream for her though. She was probably around Addie's age when we began promising her that when she turned 5 she could ride the bus, and the day finally arrived!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Watching the bus drive away with her on it all by herself was definitely a little scary for me. We do love our bus driver though which helps!
Photobucket
We spent the morning at the church making cards and then hurried home to meet up with Meema and Papa who came into town for some work for the day. We then rushed off to meet Mike for lunch near his school.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Diane is now an official blogger, so she took plenty of pictures to document the trip...which means I get some extras for my blog too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was time to wait for Ella's arrival before we knew it! She came home safe and sound, although a little sweaty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
a picture of me taking the above picture...how nice to have another perspective of it all :-)...just think if someone could follow me around taking pictures everyday!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
That evening I went to an orientation for the Two-Way Immersion program and then to the curriculum night in her actual classroom. I love that I now know Ella's daily schedule so at any given time I can picture what she is doing at school. Ella was glad that we finally knew which days she has gym so she could wear her favorite dress the next day :-)!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kayley said...

I love all of the pictures- the one of Diane with all 3 kiddos is SO cute!

Stephanie said...

I like that someone was able to capture you and ella at the start of this new time for both of you. I think you are doing great. Sending her in the bus alone must be tough.