Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All Together

Preston and I took our 2nd flight together and headed out to Utah for Lex and Brooke's wedding. She is the last of the 6 Park Place #4 roomies to get married and it was the first time we had all been together in years and years! We are all so happy for her and I loved catching up with everyone again. It is so neat that all 6 of us got along so well then and that we have all kept in touch and still like to hang out after all this time has passed!
Kim, Sara and I had our little boys with us and Liz and Caroline, who were lucky enough to travel child free, were a huge help to us all! Kim's Wyatt (6 1/2 months) and Sara's Gideon (8 months) were SO cute and Preston loved watching them.
Preston was such a good little sport on the trip! He had to eat and sleep on the go all day and stay up way later than normal, but he was still his happy and smiley self whenever he was awake. I, however, am still tired though! Late night girl talk and an infant to take care of the next day do not go well together, but it was well worth it! I learn so much from these girls every time we get together and it was so fun to visit BYU again (it had been almost 5 years!). Brooke looked so happy on her big day, the reception was so fun and it was really special for us to all be in the temple together.
I'll try to keep the commentary to a minimum...we'll see how it goes :-).
I was able to use Preston's carseat on EVERY flight of the trip...so nice! Luckily, we made friends with a cute girl who was on her way back to BYU Idaho and flew with us on every flight from Houston to SLC. With an unexpected stopover in El Paso it was especially nice to have someone I could leave the carseat with when I needed to change Preston's diaper, or hand him off to so I could run to the bathroom.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Kim and I arrived with Wyatt and Preston Thursday afternoon. We managed to get all our gear over to pick up the first rental car and then headed to Provo. Our stops that day included Cafe Rio (which is opening 5 locations in CA FYI), Losee (so I could get my ring re-dipped for free...it's going out of business...so sad!) and Kim's hair appointment with Shep (her master hair-cutter). I kept the boys busy while she was getting her hair done by driving around Provo and taking pictures of our old stomping grounds and then playing in the grass outside my old Ob/Gyn office where I went for all my appointments when I was pregnant with Ella.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Preston arrived wearing his cute outfit from Kim but then had a poop explosion in Cafe Rio (which resulted in some shorts getting run over when I dropped them in the parking lot and didn't realize it...they weren't ruined...just really flat and dirty :-) and soon after spit up. Good thing I brought lots of extra outfits for him! He did enjoy the nice, soft Utah grass though!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The doctor's office above, and below the hospital where Ella was born and spent her first week of life.
Photobucket
My dorm (we were the last group to live in it before it was remodeled), the beautiful apartments where we all lived together :-), and the town home Mike and moved into after we got married. Man, did I love that place...especially the garage!!! And our weird neighbor's truck. He would always park it right in front of our house and it drove me crazy.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
The Harman building where Mike and I both worked for BYU Independent Study (I worked there for over 2 years) and the building where I volunteered each week with Canary Garden.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ahhh...So many memories!
Now back to the trip...
Photobucket
Preston and Wyatt (Kim's little guy)
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Kim and I got VERY lost trying to find Lisa's house that night and Preston and Wyatt were SO ready for bed! I think we are going to pitch a new show to CBS...The Amazing Race Baby Edition...just think of the added drama and stress :-)!

Sara and Caroline arrived later that night with the 2nd rental car and although we were up really late talking, I couldn't quite make it until Liz got in. The next morning we headed to brunch at The Red Rooster Waffle Company for Brooke's bridal shower. She was really excited to be opening embarrassing gifts in a public restaurant :-)!
(I like this picture better even though it's blurry)
Photobucket
below, from left:
Caroline, Sara & Gideon, Liz, Me & Preston, Brooke, and Kim & Wyatt.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After brunch Brooke was off to finish up last minute wedding day preparations and Kim headed up to her cousin's wedding in Logan. The rest of us drove back down to Provo and spent the afternoon walking around BYU.
Just a side note...we had to ask people to take our pictures quite often over the weekend and I must say that everyone was SO nice about it. ..Often taking multiple shots from different angles and then having us check to be sure they turned out before continuing on their way...I was very impressed!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Preston and Gideon (Sara's little guy)
I'm hopeful that Preston, Gideon and Wyatt will all be roommates at BYU someday :-).
Photobucket
My major building and my favorite building on campus, although not the prettiest, The Kennedy Center.
Photobucket
The new Joseph Fielding Smith Building though...AMAZING!!!
I took lots of pictures to show Mike how huge and beautiful it was. I was VERY impressed!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Preston was such a little trooper!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
We made one last stop at the new Alumni center before heading back to the car. We stopped a girl who was walking by to take our picture and she ended up being one of the nicest people ever! As we were walking away commenting about how cute and sweet she was Sara remembered her brother who is attending BYU and we flagged her down for her number :-). It turns out her brother is dating someone though, so if anyone needs to hook up a brother or friend at BYU, her name is Elise and she is awesome :-)!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We ended the day with a visit to Sara's sister Anna. I have seen her boys so often on her blog that I felt like I had met them before. We got Jimmy to smile by telling him I would take a picture of his "wheely" afterwards :-).
And I failed to get any pictures with Sara's other sister Lisa, but she and her family let us all crash at their house for the weekend. It was SO nice of them and saved us all so much money, so a big thanks to Lisa!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The last stop of the day, was dinner at Gandolfo's...my only slightly disappointing food experience of the weekend.
Photobucket
Hopefully I'll get the rest of the pictures up later tonight.

15 comments:

Kim said...

That trip was a dream come true - except the hour we spent driving around the construction zone of Springville with our kids screaming their heads off. What a blessing good roommates were through college. So glad we still get together and keep in touch.

Marci said...

I forgot to post the video!!! I'm adding it right now!

Diane said...

This post brought back a lot of memories. I used to love visiting our kids while they were at BYU, especially in the early fall. I loved your cute little apartment and I remember how worried we were about Ella those first days.

There is a special bond formed with BYU roomies, you are blessed to still have it. I like the photo of Wyatt telling Preston a secret.

Mommy Elizabeth said...

Love your outfits and cute shoes! Where do you find your cute clothes?

Heather said...

What a fun trip - there is nothing like BYU roomies - those are still some of my favorite friends!!!

Marci said...

I borrowed almost all my clothes for the trip from my good friend Mckell...I owe her big time :-)!

Kayley said...

Yay I'm glad you finally posted! I've checked like 3 times today- I'm such a stalker :) Your outfits were super cute! And your post actually made me miss UT a little bit :(

Cheryl Joy said...

That is so wonderful that you made a friend on that plane, that can make all the difference. :)

It is lovely that you are still close with your college room mates. That must be really nice!

Sara Jean said...

Marci- Good job! You are such a good blogger. I have alot to learn from you. I sure miss you already...

The Chrissy Herself said...

Fuzzy handcuffs? Really?!? :) haha!

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm excited to see the rest of the pics...

And I was shocked to see you in turquoise flats that matched your top PERFECTLY! I'm waiting for the purple pumps... :)

Katie B said...

I was going to mention how cute your outfits were, too! Even if they were borrowed, you make them look good. I loved seeing all the BYU/provo pictures, I'm feeling so nostalgic.

You stayed in Stover Hall? That's funny- that's were Sean lived! How many hours I spent in that common room, I'll never be able to figure out. Looks like a lot of good people come out of Stover!

McKell and John said...

Sooo much fun! I can't believe we never met at the independent study office, I went there ALL the time. I bet we did! I loved all of those pictures; it was such a fun walk down memory lane. I miss it so much in the fall! Aren't the new building beautiful! I would have had all of my classes in that new jfs building but instead, I was stuck in the nasty swkt! So fun. I'm jealous! And you do not owe me big time! You look so cute and those shoes are adorable!

Brittany said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I'm getting together with 2 of my freshman roommates in a couple weeks and I'm so excited.

Oh and I thought I'd mention what my wedding ring jeweler told me, that you can dip your ring in any substance with ammonia. So I mix window/glass cleaner with water and swish my rings around in there. They come out nice and sparkly.

Brittany said...

After I hit publish I realized by "dip" you probably meant more than shining it up. So yeah the ammonia works to clean and shine it, I guess you'll have to find another place to dip your white gold though.

Sarah S said...

I have so many comments. Your screaming babies video was so funny (maybe because I have had lots of stressful car rides with a screaming baby). I'm glad your flights went so well! And getting to see your old roommates like that is so special! What a great trip, fun wedding, etc. I enjoyed seeing the photos of campus too.