Thursday, September 10, 2009

Brooke's Big Day

We woke up bright and early to get ready and drive up to Salt Lake City for Brooke and Lex's big day. There was a near catastrophe (for the roommates anyway) when no one showed up to watch our little babies during the sealing. Luckily Kim's mom was nearby and came and saved the day. She watched all 3 of our little babies, allowing us all to be there to witness their special moment. It was extra special because Brooke's grandfather performed the sealing. The reception later that night was held in his house and it was so great...original 70s decor in mint condition, which is especially impressive considering there were 12 kids!
Brooke sprained her ankle right before the wedding but was able to go without her brace for the pictures outside the temple thankfully.
Weddings are so fun and Brooke and Lex were too cute together!
Preston was looking pretty handsome in his little suit jacket, although he is so hard to get a picture of with all his moving around.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Brooke's photographer was her cousin who runs Three Winks Studios. She got a great one of all of us that I'm hoping to get a copy of.
And I thought it was great this other wedding party had this huge cutout of someone who couldn't be there!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After pictures we headed over to the Joseph Smith Building for the luncheon. As Sara, Caroline and I walked in we were greeted by the cutest little man. Sara and I both suddenly realized he was our old Book of Mormon teacher from Freshmen year, Neil Lambert. He was the only teacher who was nice to us about making up work when Sara, Liz and I took off to Ireland for 10 days in the middle of the semester (SO smart :-), but it was fun!). He was so excited that we recognized him and wanted to be sure we still had a testimony of the Book of Mormon. When I asked if we could take a picture with him he thought in front of this statue would be perfect :-).
Photobucket
Preston gave him a big smile too! There was a great view of the temple from the building!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
When Addie saw this picture she told me, "I want to go to that castle!"
Photobucket
I LOVE this picture of Caroline and Sara!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
After lunch we killed sometime by going shopping at The Gateway where I bought my first articles of Shade clothing...pretty exciting for me! Then we headed up to Brooke's Grandfather's house for the reception. The view and backyard were beautiful...and you gotta love the carpet!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The cake topper was the one Lex's parents used and fit so perfectly with Brooke's personal style and her dress.
Photobucket
Sara and Liz got all the centerpieces ready while the rest of took care of the babies.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Brooke's sister in law is a ballroom dancer and so elegant in everything she does...and she loved Preston, of course :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
The best part of the reception was the photo booth! We had to get a roommate picture...we waited in line, handed our kids off to people and managed to squish all 6 of us into the little booth...getting all 6 in the pictures was a little trickier.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The booth printed out 6 pictures and you then would choose the 3 you wanted to put in their guest book and sign by your picture...such a cute idea! (I'll add the pictures we saved of the 3 babies together when I get them)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sweet little Preston was still smiling away despite another long day and late night.
We had to be sure to get some Maverick's frozen yogurt too! We were obsessed with it during school. We knew what days all the different Maverick's switched their flavors and would fill up on taster cups before buying anything. And they don't have tester cups anymore!!! We're pretty sure it's because we took advantage of them :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Caroline, Liz and I had to head out early the next morning for the airport, but the morning was full of fun surprises!
First Caroline and I realized we were on the same flight to Phoenix (I was so relieved!) and then I ran into Heather at the airport! We recognized each other through my mom's blog. She used to babysit me :-) and it was fun to see her in person...gotta love Utah! Caroline and I also had the same 2 hour layover in Phoenix so we got to eat lunch together and talk some more (and I had more help with Preston too). After all my good fortune for the day the stopover in Oklahoma City on the 2nd flight didn't seem so bad!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Some views from the plane...we flew over the grand canyon!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The trip was SOOO fun. I miss all my girls already and hope that someday we'll all live closer together. Until then, these yearly trips will have to do the trick!

5 comments:

Katie B said...

She sprained her ankle?! Poor girl! And she didn't even have a long dress to cover it up. But it was such a lovely dress! And Preston looks darling

Heather said...

What a fun wedding - I love all of your pictures! Girls trips are the best - I have to say! Your baby looks too cute n that little suit!

Christina Bambina said...

That's such a shame she sprained her ankle!!!! Ohyeah ... gotta love the carpert.....

Great trip! I think I need a girls trip!

McKell and John said...

Looks like it was so fun! I love the bride's dress and you, of course, look darling! The yellow belt looks awesome!

Diane said...

That first picture is adorable of you two...Preston is soooo cute in that jacket! McKell should be your stylist, you look great.Yellow belt and purple shoes... Verry nice.