Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bummer

Apparently my last 10 pregnancy pounds are not just going to melt away.
I went in to my doctor this week and I weighed THE SAME as I did at my 6 week check up! It was depressing to say the least. I mean seriously, not even 1 pound?! I definitely was feeling skinnier.
So, this means I may have to actually do something about it...like exercise and eat less.
BUMMER.
I went running this morning and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, although I have a long way to go.
The thing is, I really do love exercising...when I'm in shape. It's the getting into shape that I dread.
The good news is that with Janna coming to take pictures in early November and Mack and Cheryl's wedding only a few weeks later I have some real motivation to get on the ball.
Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Sarah S said...

It is such a bummer when the pounds don't just melt away!! I have a few stubborn ones that are clinging for dear life, and Charlie is almost 8 months old!! My goal is to be back to a good size by the time he's 9 months, since it took that long to gain the weight. After that, I'll just be mad that I'm still a little chubby :)

Good luck getting back in shape!! I think you look pretty amazing after having three kids!

Cheryl Joy said...

Good luck! You can do it. :)

Annemarie said...

Ugh. I HATE that blasted 10 lbs. You look fabulous!

michele cabiness said...

The third child was when it hit me too. I never lost all of it before I got pregnant with Lila. Now I am still 10 (or 15) pounds away from where I want to be and I have been running! I guess I should start watching what I eat!

Christina Bambina said...

Oh it'll be easy! Don't worry!!! YOU CAN DO IT! You look great though! In your pictures I really can't see 10lbs......
That reminds me ... I nees to hit the gym too, been procrastinating about it for a loooong time, too long.

kelley said...

You can do it...you have frog's 'mind set' genes.... Just be glad you don't have mine...I've had those ten pounds for 50 years....