Friday, September 11, 2009

In Order

Life is slowly coming back to order.
We are getting back into our routine now that our trips and visitors are done for awhile and Ella and Addie have school.
And I'm trying to get caught up on my blogging while keeping it chronological for my yearly book as well.

Before I left for Utah Addie was thrilled to discover Mckell's high heels! She's not used to such fun, girly things in my closet...and she is definitely better at walking in them than I am, seriously!
Photobucket
I stole these 2 from Mike's mom, Diane, from the weekend.
It is no wonder Ella and Addie love Hope and Chloe so much, they are fun and crazy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
On to the rest of our Tuesday pictures...
Addie killing time waiting to leave for her school (notice the cats' outfits-I did not help with that at all).
My mom came by that afternoon and played with Preston and Addie so I could go to the grocery store alone...what a treat!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Enjoying the "fall" weather outside.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Ella was so excited that Preston was putting his arm around her :-). I barely caught it as he started to move it away.
Photobucket
And next up, Wednesday!
All ready for Ella to go to school in their matching outfits and hair styles.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Have I mentioned that this little one is CRAZY?! She's cute too though!
Photobucket
Addie and I headed out to meet up with our church's walking group for the first time Wednesday morning. It felt so good to just do something again, and to be outside is always refreshing as well. Addie found this stick that looked like a bird's foot and was waving it around and singing, "Bird Shoe! Bird Shoe!" as we started walking.
Photobucket
As we drove from our walk to the library for story time it started POURING. We were early and sat in the car for awhile hoping the rain would lighten up a little, but no such luck.
At least I wasn't riding a bike like this lady when the storm hit! I felt awful for her.
Photobucket
Guess who pulled up and parked right next to us just as I was preparing to run for it with Preston, Addie and my bag? GRAMMY! Hooray :-)!
I asked Addie which storytime she wanted to go (we hadn't been going to the toddler one because she started to get weird about the parachute touching her feet and she seemed to like Ella's preschool one just fine) and she chose the parachute one (toddler).
She enjoyed helping her cat shake the parachute and only covered her ears during some of the songs (I thing she may have some slight sound sensitivity issues). At the end when all the kids ran under the parachute I was sitting down feeding Preston a bottle and it gave me a great view that I had never seen before! Addie went in at the beginning and then came and stood by me rethinking her choice of story times. We went out and said hi to our librarian friends and then ended up staying for most of the preschool one afterwards too.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It was a busy morning for us, but so similar to our routine last year when it was me and the girlies, that it just felt good! I ended the day feeling like life would resume in it's normal patterns again...and it was great!
Back to order, just the way I like it.

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

I agree, trips are fun but it is always a great feeling to get back to a routine.

I LOVE Addie's face in that last pic...she is too cool for toddler story time.

Diane said...

The hairstyles look super cute !

Katie said...

I Love Addie in the heels. What a Babe!!!

Cheryl Joy said...

"Bird foot" is my favorite.