Thursday, October 1, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

After getting Ella off to school (don't mind Preston's crazy face),
Photobucket
Addie, Preston and I set off for a full day. We left the house at 8:20am and didn't get home until 1pm. Needless to say, Preston was so ready for a nap in his crib (he doesn't sleep well on the go) that he actually giggled with delight when I laid him down with his pacifier on his soft blankie from Chrissy and Zach.
Addie started the day looking cute as a button when we met up with our walking group,
Photobucket
but decided at our first park stop of the day that she'd rather not be clothed.
She managed to undress herself after I told her to keep her clothes on and ran around acting and looking crazy.
Photobucket
We made it to the library just in time for the puppet show,
which happened to be a black light puppet show this month, pretty cool! (sorry Ella!)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Then it was off to another park (for some visiting teaching) before finally heading home.
Photobucket
Isn't it interesting how even fun activities can be made stressful and slightly overwhelming when you try to pack them all together like that?
We haven't left the house at all today and we are thoroughly enjoying the change (not to mention Addie has been practicing on the potty!).

5 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

When I nannied little Lee, we would go to the park or museum, and by the time we got home I was utterly exhausted.. and sweaty.
I don't know how you do it!

I love Addie's cats.

Diane said...

Did I ever tell you that Mike used to giggle when we would lay him in his bed? He loved his bed and the little sound he would make was soooo cute. Preston seems to have Mike's disposition. and I am sooo proud of Addie (for the potty, not for undressing at the park...though it made me smile:)

Annemarie said...

I have one who has undressed at the park a time or two. Gotta love it!

Sarah S said...

The picture of Addie running around in a diaper at the park is hilarious!

I agree that packing in that many activities in one morning with young children is SO exhausting!

Kayley said...

haha that is so cute that Preston giggled when you put him down! Good luck with the potty training!