Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ella's First Field Day

Ella's first field day was a little different than what I was expecting, but she loved it. I think she had the largest cheering section there with me, Addie, Preston, Grammy AND Nana too :-). I thought it was going to be more racing (based on the one Field Day at Hope's school I went to when they first moved here) but Fielder had it set up more like a little carnival with tons of different stations for the kiddos. They loved having the freedom to go where they wanted and the school had fun music playing (and of course popsicles at the end). Ella was a little lost at first, but as soon as she and Peyton found each other they ran from one activity to the next and had a blast. It was pretty hot that day and very windy (the cold front came through yesterday and this was on Thursday) and my mom, grandma and I were wishing we had discovered all the fun stations in the gym a little earlier on :-)...now we know for next year!
They had a little opening ceremonies that was so cute. One child from each of the kindergarten classes did a lap with a pretend torch and the last child went and touched the torch to the big flame and a teacher stood the flame up-right like it had just been lit.
Here are pictures from all the fun...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Later that afternoon Addie was sitting in the backyard by herself, in her underwear, picking grass and putting it in this container and I couldn't resist...
Photobucket
(and in case you're wondering, I'm going in for an endoscopy at the end of this month, so we'll see what those results are...and I had a few questions about whether the Celiac could go away and I don't think in someone who had as severe symptoms as me that it could, but I plan to ask my doctor when I go in)

7 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

Looks like tons of fun!

When I was little field days were all sack races and relays. :)

Katie B said...

Too bad it was so hot, but at least it wasn't held yesterday- all that rain would have been a bummer!

The Chrissy Herself said...

Great action shot of Ella at the hoola hoop station, and the picture with her friend (Peyton, is it?) holding hands and the close up!, and of course little Addie looking up at you with her two kitties clutched in close... I with I could have gone too :-)

LaRee said...

How fun!...nice close up of Ella and her friend...and of course Preston yawning, too cute!

kelley said...

Thanks for inviting me...This is why we moved to Texas....I thought the kids were adorable and I was very impressed with Ella's Olympic skills. Fun day.

Hope said...

Aww Ella looks like a little athlete in the picture with the hula hoops :)

KelleyAnne said...

It was so fun! I can't believe our little Ella is participating in "Field Day". Remember you came to Hope's!