Saturday, October 31, 2009

How Much

Photobucket
We've been squeezing as much into each day as possible. After Preston's appointment on Wednesday, we were too late to make it to the meeting at Ella's school I was supposed to go to, so we headed off to the mall to look for outfits for our family photo shoot with Janna next weekend. Who knew trying to coordinate and plan outfits could be so stressful?! I had a look in mind but didn't really know what else I wanted and it seemed the individual pieces I would find for each person didn't mesh well together. Finally I saw a shirt for Ella that I loved in a window of one of the stores and it was the inspiration for the rest. We spent over 3 hours shopping that day and I must say I am very pleased with how it is coming together! Once I got Preston to fall asleep (he LOVES his bed! which makes sleeping on the go tricky) and bought Addie an ICEE to keep her occupied, the shopping was a breeze :-). (although after she had been drinking it for awhile she told me she needed a new drink because this one was too cold)
Photobucket
Hope stopped by that afternoon to use Addie as a model for a photography project she was working on for school...
(she was trying to capture "curiosity" and these were my favorites of the ones she took)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
and the girls later showed just how curious they really are while I was making dinner later that evening.
Photobucket
Thursday after putting Ella's hair in 2 french braids for school I decided to give Addie's a try and it really stayed! She's getting so big! Her hair is still very fluffy (she is affectionately called "fluff head" by Mike), but it is thickening up slowly but surely.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The typical scene as I make dinner...of course, a video would better represent it, the picture looks almost calm and peaceful :-).
Photobucket
It's always exciting when Mike gets home. We are definitely spoiled by his typically early arrivals (one of the perks of teaching), so when he has other work to do in the afternoons the girls are thrilled when he finally gets back.
"I think I heard Dad!"
Photobucket
The daddy's home celebratory dance.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Time for welcome home hugs.
Photobucket
And a photo by Ella...Preston enjoying his first taste of food - squash - and he loved it. If I wasn't so lazy/busy he would have eaten much more by now.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Laurie said...

We had a photographer take our pictures this year too, and I also had the hardest time picking out the perfect outfits for everybody!

Don't you love how kids get soooo excited when daddy comes home?