Monday, October 26, 2009

More Saturday Fun

Friday first though...
Heading off for reading at Ella's school, experiments with our ChickFilA toys, and Preston's before and after shots (I borrowed my mom's hair thinning scissors...well, my mom brought them to me with strict instructions to fix poor Preston's hair)...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket
(it's hard to tell from these pictures (the last one is the after), but it really does look a lot better in person - much less nerdy than what I did to him before...sorry Preston!)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This Saturday Ella played the whole game without any problems! She still doesn't really want to actually touch the ball for the most part, but at least she's out there running around! Grandad came to help us cheer again too (and keep Addie entertained)! It is so fun having him at her games- it reminds me of what a priority he made it to come to all my sports events growing up!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I think Addie may be our true soccer player. Ella is warming up to it, but it's definitely been a slow process. Before we left on Saturday for the fields she told me, "I wish I was Addie so I didn't have to play soccer." I think Addie would love to trade places too :-).
Photobucket
Ella's first throw-in!
Photobucket
Preston got worn out playing soccer with Grandad and Addie and the instant I snuggled him up he fell asleep in my arms...it was such a nice little treat for me!
Photobucket
I can't tell if Ella has any fun with her Grandad, can you :-)?!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And the end of game tunnel.
I had to post this because I was holding Preston, who was sleeping, so I couldn't participate which meant Mike had to go by himself (and if you know Mike you completely understand that he really didn't want to do it). There was this old guy by himself so I told him to go do it with him but when he got there he ended up with some lady :-). I know he really loves Ella to do it for her :-)!
Photobucket
And as if Saturday had not been exciting enough yet, the girls were invited to a special Halloween treat making afternoon with Nana! We dropped them off after the game and look at this set-up! Now you know why I was so proud of my library treat wrapping...I have this to live up to :-)! The girls had a blast! I heard Addie stuffed as many treats in her mouth as she could when no one was looking, they got McDonald's for lunch and ended up staying all afternoon watching movies and having fun. Preston took one of the longest naps of his life so I was able to get my lesson all ready for the next day, it was perfect!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The finished goodies...
Addie had a thing for the dark green sprinkles and Ella for the Hershey's kisses :-).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I can't believe Halloween is THIS weekend already!!! CRAZY!!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so cute that they got to go have some Halloween fun with Nana!! What a great idea.

Diane said...

Preston's hair looks very nice, good job. Love the little witch hats made with Nana

Heather said...

I love seeing your mom and dad on your blog - how cute that she did cookie decorating with them!

Kayley said...

I have that same Halloween tree that mom has!

Kim said...

Your mom is amazing.