Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Please Don't Bring Home a Baby."

Monday I spent most of my day with no children, laying in a bed, people came to see if I was thirsty or cold, I was actually able to read a book, I took a nap, it was almost like heaven...except for the IV in my arm :-).
I had my endoscopy and it truly was a nice little break from reality, although being in a hospital was weird. I have only been in hospitals recently to have babies, so walking in with the sounds and smells was a strange feeling. It really seemed like I should be having a baby! I emailed Mike while I was waiting and told him that and the response I got was simply, "Please don't bring home a baby." :-)
We are definitely still adjusting to 3 and I've been thinking about it a lot. I don't think it is the three kids who are overwhelming (most of the time), it's keeping up with everything else that gets hard - the laundry, the house, the appointments and activities. I'm finally coming to accept that my house just can't be clean all the time - it's impossible - and it's hard for me to accept.
The endoscopy went well though and the doctor said things looked fine, so we'll see what the biopsy results are. I even got to bring home pictures of my stomach, esophagus, intestine, etc. I thought about scanning them and posting them because I think they are pretty cool - I mean, who gets pictures of their own organs! - but Mike thinks they are gross and I decided many others may feel the same way :-). I will be shocked if the results come back that I don't have Celiac anymore, but I guess we'll just wait and see.
It truly was a nice little break - I kept joking with the nurses that I was going to come in every other week for one just so I could relax in a quite room (not to mention I even was given gifts from the hospital!). My grandparents took care of Addie and Preston and my mom took me to the hospital and picked me up...it is definitely nice to have family nearby.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Annemarie said...

Its' sad when hospital stays and dentist chairs feel like a spa retreat. I completely uderstand!

That pic of Preston in the last post is so sweet!

Diane said...

I am very curious to find out the results. A little stay in the hospital can be very nice, getting waited on all day, instead of the other way around :)

Shelly! said...

I love the quote! From what I hear, the adjustment to three is the hardest. One of my cute friends, who has six, said "Once you're outnumbered, it doesn't matter how many outnumber you!" So give yourself credit for adjusting so well!

And I didn't even realize that not having Celiac after having it, would be an option! Will await your results!!

Cheryl Joy said...

I wish we lived closer so I could help out with the kids. I babysit for a family with a 6 year old, 4 year old and a two year old. I've been with them since their youngest was three months. They are just about a year ahead of you... and it gets so much easier (I'm sure you know that, but still..). School is a big adjustment. When Preston can walk around and ask for what he needs, and Addie is older and more willing to help out, it'll be better.

You're such a good mom. Your kids are really blessed. :)

Christina Bambina said...

HAaaahahhahha! Mike is HILARIUOS! ;-)

I'll be waiting for the test results!

What's all over poor little Preston's face.... he looks happy though!!!???

Sarah S said...

My friend who has four kids (one who is close to Preston's age) recently told me she thinks it takes a full year to adjust to a new baby in the house.

I wholeheartedly agree. We are just barely starting to feel like we're managing with two. I do laundry a few times a week, but then there are so many phases... it sits in the basket. Then it's folded, in the basket. Getting it into my kids' dressers is another story. And by the end of the day when I'm trying to make dinner and both kids are yelling, it's all I can do to not go hide in the bathroom :)

I'm sure you're looking back now, thinking two kids was a piece of cake! I bet it will get much easier in the next year.

Good luck with your results! That's nice that you had a little time away.

Brittany said...

So when I started reading this post, I was like what is going on, I don't think I'm THAT behind on her blogging, does she have H1N1 or something? But you sounded calm throughout and then you got to the part about the Celiac inspection. Phew, no need to worry...
I do hope you don't have Celiac anymore though, I also didn't know that was possible, and I'm glad you got some relaxation time even though it was in a hospital :)