Saturday, November 21, 2009

Getting On With It

I'm still recovering from going to the midnight showing of New Moon Thursday night...but I am excited to blog about it.
So, let's get on with the week leading up to the big night.
Mike trimmed some of our trees and the girls have spent hours playing in the downed branches.
We still have one more big one behind the garage and they love to use it as a fort.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sometimes by the end of day things feel like they are falling apart.
The kids are getting grumpy and tired, my patience is wearing thin, and it's all I can do to get through getting everyone bathed and in their jammies. Once we survive it though I love to read the girls their bedtime stories and let the calmness return. I'm glad Mike got this picture of the nice part of our night. I just hope that this is what the girls remember when they get older...and not the tense, and sometimes traumatic, hour it takes to get there.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Thursday was an exciting day for me...New Moon that night of course, but it was also our first day to head back to a gym. I signed up for 24 hours fitness and I am SO excited to have a place to workout again!!! Addie and Preston both did great on our first morning there.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
And some VERY messy kiddos.
Is there a good trick for eating pomegranates that I don't know about? I'm guessing the girls wouldn't like them as much if they didn't get to get all messy eating them though.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Cute how Ella has her arm around you.

The McCarthys said...

here's a trick for eating pomegranats. fill up your sink with water. crack open the pomegranate under water and separate the seeds from the flesh under water. the seeds will float and you won't get that red mess!