Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gold Star Girl

Friday morning came all too soon for me. I heard the kids around 7am and went out to see what was going on. My mom offered to get Ella off to school so I could sleep a little more, but I couldn't fall back asleep (I kept remembering things...like Ella needing a snack in her backpack, etc.) so I just got up and tried my best to wake up while my mom helped me. That afternoon was Ella's Thankful party at school and she really wanted us to come. I was feeling a little sick by the end, but it was fun to see her interacting with all her little friends from school (and I even managed to sleep a couple hours that afternoon thanks to a Dora DVD keeping Addie entertained downstairs while Preston napped).
Preston was entranced by the rain that morning.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
As soon as we walked into her classroom, Ella ran up to show me that she was on the gold star! She was SOOO proud of herself and I'm glad I was there that day to see it and share in her excitement :-)! They are green the majority of the time and get moved down to yellow when misbehaving (and red if it's serious), but to get on the star they need to be caught doing something exceptionally nice or being especially well-behaved. (since they alternate days in different classrooms the teachers had to have something that could move with the class)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The kids decorated cookies to look like turkeys, had a couple games to play (and got prizes after) and had 2 crafts to work on as well. It was a lot of fun packed into 45 minutes. The toughest part for me was getting Addie situated and playing with something that she couldn't break or cause a disaster with (she was of course immediately drawn to the big bins full of seashells and buttons). She read for a little bit and then Miss Torres told her she could play with the bears and she was in heaven. She was mad that we had to leave before she had finished her little set up. Preston was tired, but happy that he could see everything that was going on and be a part of the action. Ella LOVES to show him off to her friends and make him smile :-).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ella and Miss Torres (who teaches her on her Spanish day)
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: