Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Helpers

I have definitely been using all the helpers I can find to watch the kids lately, with appointments, meetings, volunteering, and Janna's trip I am SOOO appreciative of all the people who have been willing to help me out!
The weekend events (all the boring words first, pictures at the bottom if that's all you want to see)...
Janna flew in Thursday night and we had to hurry home to make it home in time to get ready for her photo workshop. Thankfully Hope came to watch Ella and Preston so Mike could drive me to the airport to pick her up (I was stressed about trying to get her in rush hour). We took Addie with us and she fell asleep in the car, which made for a long night later on...she was ready to party until 10pm. Once we made it home with time to spare I was feeling much more relaxed. I got the food set out while Janna and Mike hooked up the computer and my mom (who also made her black bean salsa for me) and Hope took care of the kiddos upstairs. Mike wanted to sit in on the workshop too and wouldn't have been able to had they not been there, so THANK YOU! There was a good turn out for the workshop and I thought it was SUPER informative, although it really made me realize just how much I don't know :-). At this point in my life I start to feel a little lazy about learning new things, especially when I don't feel like I have enough hours in a day already, but I know it's just going to take practice. Friday we were able to take it easy most of the day. Ella had a half day at school so we drove around to check out possible photo locations and then just hung out at home. That afternoon we took our family photos. Once again my mom came to our rescue and tagged along to help get the kids to look and smile at the camera and let me tell you, she is HILARIOUS :-)! Oh, if only I had a video of the crazy dances she was doing! Just thinking about them makes me laugh. I was not nearly as good on Saturday when I tried to help Janna! Saturday morning we had to meet up with the first family for their shoot at 8am. For some reason I had scheduled Mike a carpet job that morning - I'm losing it. So we dropped Preston off at my grandparents' on our way out and Mckell watched the girls while Mike was gone. He then picked up all the kids and took them to Ella's soccer game. Luckily my Dad was able to come (when I asked Ella if Grandad was at the game she said, "Yeah! He's back in town!") and help Mike. Janna and I spent the entire day at the park and although it was a long day, it was fun and we got to talk in between sessions. I totally got burned and had no idea. And I was completely amazed at just how good Janna is. It is truly exhausting getting little children, especially multiple children in one family, to look and the camera (and hopefully smile) and when we would get back in the car after a shoot I would feel like we didn't get much but then as we browsed through the shots on her camera she would have one great picture after another - she's SO talented! I can't wait to see the final pictures when she is all done with them! We all went out to eat that night and then rented a movie for later. We picked out that Jack Black caveman one...definitely skip it if you haven't rented it - it was not good and we were exhausted and had to be up EARLY to head to the airport the next day. So, it was busy and it was short, but it was definitely great to see Janna and catch up. One of these days I hope we can head up to Montana and check it out - it looks beautiful from her pictures, but of course, so does everything she photographs :-)!
Sunday night we celebrated my grandfather's birthday with a delicious dinner...I love birthdays :)! We even dressed Preston in one of his froggy outfits for GreatFrog's birthday. Oh, and earlier that afternoon we freaked out when Ella told us she couldn't find Addie...we quickly found her...sleeping on the couch.
Thanks to everyone for helping me out ALL the time!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ella making a wish...and then celebrating when she was able to get her penny on the statue (Mike challenged her).
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kayley said...

It looks like it was such a fun weekend! I can't wait to see the pictures Janna took and what outfits you ended up with for the kiddos. That last picture of Preston and Frog is adorable- it should be framed :)

Christina Bambina said...

I really really wanna see your family pictures! That was nice of everyone to help help! great family!

Ok, so a carpet job when you have all that stuff going on wasn't a good idea! I agree! you're losing it! ;-) jk


xoxo christina.