Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The House, The Rehearsal, The Dinner, The Beach

This beach house was HUGE! I never even made it over to check out the other wing across the courtyard where my Uncle Kirk, his 3 boys (Jack, Andy and George), and my cousin Mick were staying. Ella and Addie loved that the outside walls were made of crushed seashells (Ariel shells according to Addie). I loved that my whole family was able to all stay together under one roof - such a treat. Cheryl arranged for us all to stay there and even made cute little signs showing us all where which rooms were ours. I must say she was the most thoughtful bride - instead of only worrying about herself on HER special day, she took time to do things like make little door hangers! She had arranged a little kid table with coloring books, crayons and princess PEZ dispensers at the reception and gave the girls a bag of Princess goodies for being flower girls - they came in handy on the drive home! I'll get to the wedding tomorrow, but I must say I am SO happy to have Cheryl in the family - we all love her already!
Back to the house :-), I kept finding new rooms and hallways that I didn't know were there. It was decked out in beach decor to the max and really made it feel like we were on vacation...and the view wasn't too bad either :-).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(side note...what is it with kids and Spongebob?! I don't let my girls watch it but on the rare occasion when they get to they think it is THE best thing ever...weird)
We arrived at the house from Orlando in the early afternoon and hung out and relaxed with everyone until it was time for the rehearsal. The location was gorgeous, but that evening was FREEZING. Luckily, the next night for the actual wedding was much warmer!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I didn't know at the time what they had planned for the white house for the actual wedding and loved it when I saw it the next night. Mike and I both loved all the Spanish moss hanging from the big trees!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Addie didn't do so well at being a flower girl during the rehearsal...I was very nervous about how it would all go during the real deal :-)! All she wanted to do this night was pick up leaves and put them in her basket.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
After running through things so the violinist could get the timing down, we hurried back to the beach house where the dinner was being held. We mixed, mingled, met new people and ate tasty food.
my cousin Mick, Grandma, uncle Kirk, Mom and Mack
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The 2 Dads...and a really cute baby :-)
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It was only appropriate that we would end the night with a game of Scum - our family favorite :-).
Jack, Grandma, mom, Kayley, me, Mike and Andy
Photobucket
The next morning (wedding day!) I took the girls down to the water to get some wiggles out.
They were in heaven running around like the little crazies they are :-).
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Liz L said...

Wow! This sounds like a beautiful wedding - can't wait to see more pics!

Cheryl Joy said...

Wow, Marci, you got some beautiful photos!

You all are so sweet. I feel so blessed to be part of your family. Can't wait until Christmas!

I'm glad you liked all the details of the wedding- I really had fun with it. The kid table was one of my favorite parts. :)

Katie B said...

I love reading about your trip, I feel like I'm on vacation. And I love the beach pictures! Can't wait to see the wedding!

Diane said...

Oh it all looks so beautiful and fun. What an amazing house. Your photos are beautiful! LOVE those babies!

Sarah S said...

that beach house looks amazing!! great photos on the beach. it looks so warm there - such a contrast to our snowy day today. BRRR! I know you miss living in Chicago... :)