Friday, December 18, 2009

It's a Miracle

It is 7:10am and all 3 of my children are sleeping!
I can't even remember the last time my house was quiet past 6:45am in the morning!
When Ella was little she was a champion sleeper...she slept from 7pm-8am AND took a 2-3 hour nap until she was nearly 4 years old.
(Now she sleeps from 7:30pm to 6:30 or 6:45am)
No such luck with Addie and Preston.
Leaving the crib seemed to take away Addie's desire to sleep, although I think lack of sleep is part of her little emotional problem. She typically lasts until Ella wakes up and although she wants a nap most days, I discourage it because then she wants to party all night long.
Preston currently sleeps from 7 or 7:30pm until 7am. And naps when he is able (he typically gets a short morning nap and a nice long afternoon nap once all our activities for the day are over). He is a good sleeper for sure, but I WISH he could make it until 8am...when I have gotten Ella out the door for school.
Trying to feed him, feed the girls, make a lunch, and do a cute hairstyle all at the same time and within 45 minutes gets a little tricky.
Ahhh, I just heard Preston...but it was a nice moment of morning silence to treasure :-)!

3 comments:

Christina said...

What a merry Christmas present!

Diane said...

ah yes, I do remember those days of rare treasured time when they were all sleeping in. Interesting what you said about Addie needing more sleep to help her emotions. I know for sure Chloe needs more sleep and it would make all of our lives easier but she never has been able to, even since she was a little baby. She would have big dark circles under her eyes but she just couldn't, or wouldn't, sleep enough. It is hard on baby and mom.

Sarah S said...

How wonderful that all three kids were sleeping that late in the morning! I just realized I never finished this comment, and had started saying Charlie has never slept straight until 7 a.m. But then this morning he woke up at 7:30 a.m.!! It must have been good luck from reading your blog :)