Friday, December 18, 2009

Our Last day with Lauren

Ella and Lauren are such cute (and very often silly) little friends,
Photobucket
and they have been through some major milestones together.
They attented and graduated nursery at church together.
They celebrated each others' 3rd, 4th and 5th birthdays together...
(not a great picture, but look how little they are)
Photobucket
they took tap and ballet together...
Photobucket
they attended and graduated joy school together...
Photobucket
they attended and graduated preschool together
(not to mention countless play dates after school)...
Photobucket
I just love their hand holding in this one :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
And although they parted ways for kindergarten, Ella was always excited to see her at church on Sundays and play with her when possible.
Photobucket
Lauren is a fun-loving, crazy little girl who Ella adores. She has helped Ella bring out her wild side and step out of her shell a little bit.
And now her family is moving to California today :-(!
I have learned so much from her mom, Melissa, as well and we will really, really miss them!!!

Wednesday, Lauren came to play one last time before they headed out.
The girlies helped me smash the candy canes for Peppermint Bark (and happily taste tested it for me after it was done).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Addie loves having Lauren over almost as much as Ella.
(Lauren is the youngest in her family and with Ella being the oldest I think they enjoy having the older or younger siblings around since it is different than what they typically experience in their own homes)
Photobucket
Photobucket
They played, we ate dinner, and all too soon it was time to say goodbye :-(.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
They just kept hugging and hugging and hugging...I'm sad none of the pictures turned out better!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We'll miss you Lauren, but we know you will quickly make many, many new friends!
Ella made Lauren this masterpiece to remember her by...
"I will miss you Lauren" (which I wrote out for her to copy)
and then she added all on her own,
"I love Lauren"
Photobucket
and the back:
Photobucket

4 comments:

Cheryl Joy said...

Wow. That is so sweet.

I hope Ella is doing alright. It's hard when friends move away. :(

Diane said...

This made me a little sad for Ella. I have only met Lauren through your blog and I always think she is adorable... love those big eyes. The girls always look like they are having a great time together. Life goes on, but it is always hard to say goodbye to a good friend.

Heather said...

oh. that breaks my heart! all of my girls have had to go through that same thing a lot as people are so quick to leave San Diego to get more for their money in other places! She looks like such a special little friend!

By the way - You are the BEST little mommy to your kids and I love checking in on your blog and seeing all of the cute pictures you take of them

Steve Spendlove said...

Sniff, Sniff, Sad, Sad.

I really REEEEALLY miss you so so sooooo much. I miss you. I will put a picture in the computer for you. You will look on your computer to see the picture that I put in the computer. I Love Ella and we also went on a limo and 2 airplanes and 2 trains. from LAUREN

Thanks Marci for the sweet post. You have been a great friend and I will always thank YOU for getting me hooked on blogging.